*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333959-Darn-It-Michael
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#333959 added March 10, 2005 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
Darn It, Michael
i haven't even watched the news yet but they keep showing clips of michael's attorney, pacing back and forth in distress because apparently the king of pop decided not to show up for his court hearing.

this wounds me personally. i've had a crush on michael jackson ever since i was tiny; "bad" was the first pop song i ever knew the words to (my parents weren't big on letting their toddlers listen to the radio). today i still take out the short films when i need a little comfort viewing; "smooth criminal" is, i think, one of the best efforts he or any of his contemporaries has ever put forth.

so it really saddens me to watch him actually shaping his own destruction. i'm not saying he did it, or didn't do it, or that if he did he should be forgiven for it--i'm just saying he's very clearly not playing by "our rules" anymore, and seems to have derailed quite some time ago, and that even though i no longer expect pop culture masterpieces out of him (not that he owes us any more; what he's given us is enough to last an entertainer's lifetime), i would like to be able to point him out on tv to my kids one day, and tell them they're looking at one of the most talented artists of our time. whereas it looks like he's probably going to wind up the brunt of future generations' uninformed pedophile jokes.

how sad.

in other news, i'm still home, and have had several unpleasant run-ins with a high school crush who only wants me now because i don't want him anymore. funny how these things work out. and i miss marcus, and the photo-postcard i sent him from new york (which is where i was this week, not that anyone missed me) wasn't nearly big enough for me to gush as fully as i wanted to, and when that happens it's time to go back to atlanta.

not to mention that it's still flurrying all along the east coast, apparently. including in my backyard (though not the front, so it would seem, go figure).

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333959-Darn-It-Michael