*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/386457-90210-life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#386457 added November 16, 2005 at 6:56am
Restrictions: None
90210 life
It's currently 4:45 in the AM.

Sometime around 4:00, as I was about to crawl under my blankets, I heard the gate in my backyard open. My room is directly above it, and I had my window open. I thought that was kind of odd considering I thought I heard my brother go into his room about 10 minutes earlier.

Outside of my room I could hear the television on downstairs, so I wander down there to see if my brother was still up. I thought maybe he was taking out a trash can or bringing one back. Not an abnormal event for the vampires of Hanson Manor. He wasn't down there however.

I crept back upstairs and sat in the loft, attempting to listen and see if I could hear any more noises. Katie, our German Shepherd, was outside. She barked once, but was silent after.

I waited a few moments after hearing some odd sounds and then I crept into my mom's room and woke her up. She keeps a gun in the house, and so I took it and then we woke up my brother. I passed the gun onto him, and that is when we started hearing someone fidgeting with the backdoor downstairs. It's a double door, and so it is easy to hear if someone is fiddling with it.

My mother called 911, and we all sat in the loft waiting to hear the police arrive. A couple minutes later we heard running on the rocks outside and a few minutes after that a knock on the door. It was a group of police officers asking if we could put our dog in the house so that they could check the backyard out.

I went down to Katie's doggy door and sat staring at it. Why couldn't she get in? I pushed my hand against the flap and it hit the dirty plastic shell of my garbage can. Someone had pushed the can completely against it so that Katie couldn't get in or out.

The oddest thing of all was the fact that Katie didn't even bark at these people. It's creepy. Normally she would bark her head off, and the only thing I can think of is that she knows the people that came into the backyard, or that maybe they had something to give her to keep her pacified.

The Police Officers couldn't come up with any conclusive evidence one way or another, so we have made sure to lock the house up tight.

It makes me wonder what would have happened if I wasn't up right now. Would they have got in? Could I be, at this moment in another reality be sitting with a gun in my face or worse? Killed in my sleep incapable of stopping these people.

I think this was one of those: "Everything happens for a reason" moments. If I didn't stay up like a Vampire maybe I wouldn't have heard that gate open. Maybe my family could be in some serious shit right now.

It's creeping me out.

I'm outtie. Still got that Counselor appointment at 8:30. It's 4:55 right now.

I had to write this out to work out some of the shock.

~Shudders~

© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/386457-90210-life