*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542604-Upset
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#542604 added October 18, 2007 at 6:33pm
Restrictions: None
Upset
So, the Dalai Lama will be here next weekend and guess who has to work? I'd love to get out of work to hear him speak (I can't express to you how much I hate this) but we have a shortage of staff already on all shifts...for the love, this is a whole different issue for me right now...and Bloomington takes his visit seriously, as you really should with any guest.

We have a Tibetan cultural center here and that is part of the reason for his visit. Anyway, it's been a frequent topic in the paper lately and I love opening it up and seeing the calming splash of crimson and gold. I absorb it...it's lovely.

So, today the article ON THE FRONT PAGE is talking about the display we have in downtown Bloomington about the Dalai Lama and tibetan culture and buddhism. Well, some freaks thought they had the right to place a display of their own of the ten comandments right next to it. Of course they had the right but was that really necessary? Actually, the mayor made them take it down. The Dalai Lama is not coming here to force beliefs on ANYONE. He is here to spread a message of peace not to tell you that what you believe is wrong. The display was simply for knowledge and the people who think they have this right to display their comandments are butting in.

For one, this totally embarrasses me. I mean, I am so baffled that someone would do this. I understand they want to be heard but now? Now?! Get a grip. Seriously.

The Dalai Lama is here to spread a message of peace and this is how some Bloomingtinian's react?

Grrr.

I'm so ashamed.

*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2007 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542604-Upset