*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574334-whatever-comes-to-light
by Eli
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #1402285
Just a journal for me to write,vent, or express.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#574334 added March 19, 2008 at 9:42am
Restrictions: None
whatever comes to light
    I am a virgin to this site and am rather surprised at the difficulty I had figuring it out. Being twenty three years old I am rather computer savvy, but for this site I had to default to my mother who has been a member for quite some time.
    Anyways, I am rather curious about this site it has peaked my interest for quite a while. My mother seems to really enjoy herself on here and I feel it has given her a useful outlet for the perils of life. In search of this I signed up to conquer the blog world and have people beating down the doors to read what I write! Haha, isnt that why everyone is here? Honestly I am just looking for a place to relate with other humans who have some sort of intellectual abilities. For some reason I have chosen,through the years, to surround myself with some not so intelligent people..haha. Dont get me wrong I love my  friends and cherish the relationship we have,but I am looking for ways to better myself and move on to bigger and better things. I feel that expressing yourself and doing new things is a good way to get a jump start on that plan of action.
  So a little about myself I am a twenty three year old, Texas born and raised male. With the exception of the two years I lived overseas in Caracas,Venezuela where I was afforded the opportunity to experience a new culture, learn a new language and become a more open minded individual. Other than that I have lived in Texas my whole life, no we dont carry six shooters on our hips or ride horses and herd cattle. I live a normal life comparable to that of any other of the states. When I lived overseas people were surprised to find out that I didnt own a gun or a horse or a tractor, haha I was surprised that this was the common misperception for people from other continents.
  Anyways I have a wonderful family with two older sisters a younger brother and two of the most bad ass parents anyone could ever wish for. Yes we have our differences as does anyone, but I can truely say I love and am so proud of my parents for what they have provided for my family and I.
  I work as a technical specialist reconditioning used cars around the bay area, its an enjoyable job and pays well so other than a few hang ups I really cant complain. Although this is not my passion and was pretty much a job I stumbled upon and I am glad that I did. So I do the normal hustle of the American dream during the day and chase my own dreams on my free time. I would really like to get into the flipping houses thing to earn my living and am working on that now. I currently have a house I am working on attempting to remodel and sale. Through this new adventure I have learned a few things about myself for the most part I kind of suck at follow up haaha I can make  great plans and designs but when it comes to the implementation period I tend to sherp the responsibility, this is an asset I am attempting to lose. Not solely for the fact that I see it as an undesireable trait but more so for the fact that it gives off the impression that I am ungreatful for the oppurtunity my father has provided me. He purchased the house for me to give me a jumpstart on my dream, my father understands my interest and is more than willing and able to help me out. Its funny how things like this allow you to learn and realize things you never had before.
  My fathers dad died when he was young therefore leaving my dad to fend for himself and his family so in essence he was somewhat thrust into fatherhood with no prior training, a kind of sink or swim situation. I on the other hand am much more lucky I have a great dad who is always around and always willing to help or give advice. I have always told my dad if I am half as good at being a dad as he is I would be overjoyed. My dad is an honest,law abiding man always the one to "do the right thing" he is intelligent and motivated never one to let anyone stop him from accomplishing the things that he wishes to but always one to stop and lend a helping hand even in the middle of his own struggle. He is knowledgeable hi spirited and an all around stand up guy. I have had my friends tell me how they are jealous that my dad, and mother for that matter, are so cool and supportive, this is one thing I cherrish. Because not so many people are lucky enough to have a functioning family that works as a unit to accomplish things and conquer their desires.
  My mother is also a superbly wonderfull person, she posseses a great sense of humor and an uncanny ability to lift you up dust you off and get you moving again. She is compassionate,caring and above all a beautiful woman inside and out. Although she  had both a mother and a father ....and a father haha her past is a bit more jaded than that of my fathers. lets just say her family is well....a little bit mal adjusted my grandfather the work/booze aholic was a great man but just not always around, and my grandmother....oh my granny where do I even start. A dramatic person to say the least, she spent her nights in the bathtubs underneath mattresses with my mom and uncle because people camped out at night around their house attempting to capture and atrociously torture her and her children...hahah. I have not even begun to dive into the life my mother experienced as a child I only know bits and pieces but from those tidbits you could make a hollywood movie that would rival that of any small town crazyness to ever be experienced. With all that said my mom has become an awesome person through and through and I truely consider myself a "mamas boy". Yes I know not always the most desireable title but in this situation I'll proudly take ownership of it.
  I on the otherhand feel that I am a mosaic of my parents traits, some good,some bad and some ...well better left unsaid. I am constantly on the go, always trying to get where I'm not. I love a new challenge and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge. I love the outdoors and really enjoy just the simple pleasure of being surrounded by the people I love and care for. I am currently on a quest to discover myself and make something out of those discoveries. I am a  go getter, not easily swayed but sometimes easily discouraged. I like art and music and anything that has to do with either of the latter. I love to party go out and have a few drinks and meet new people. This passion for partying has given me some good and bad experiences but all things to learn from. I consider myself and ornately interesting  person and feel that those around me have the same belief. I am confident and outgoing but sometimes quiet and withdrawn......I guess after putting this all into words you could call me and oxymoron. Now that my introduction has been made hopefully I can find something else to write about...

© Copyright 2008 Eli (UN: maverik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Eli has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574334-whatever-comes-to-light