*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640049-Best-Friend-and-a-bunch-of-other-junk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#640049 added March 12, 2009 at 11:15am
Restrictions: None
Best Friend (and a bunch of other junk)
I"m not a smoker and I'm not a pot head. But I do smoke cigarettes when I feel like it (I'm way too cocky about the fact that I can smoke as many cigarettes as I want and never get addicted) and I smoke pot when I feel like it too. Bobby's not a pot head either but he does smoke more often than I do. I don't know much about what it was I said last night but I do know that I was probably a little high when I said it....

Me to Bobby: "You know when you're in first grade, and it's your first day and it's your first recess outside on the playground and you find one other first grader that you just end up playing with the whole recess? You go to the swings together, you slide down the slide together, you chase each other around and then when the teacher blows the whistle for you to go back inside and one first grader grabs the other by the hand as they walk back in and says 'do you wanna be best friends?' and the other says 'yes' and they go back to class holding hands and being best friends for every recess after that." I paused after telling this and then said "do you think it can be like that when you're an adult?"

My mind was too clear at this point to care if Bobby thought I was crazy or not. He thought about it for a moment and then said "I think so."



What's that mean? I don't know. I do remember that I started to tell him that story because I had a sudden urge to ask him to be my best friend. hahahahahaha. And it reminded me of when little children do that at school. Find one person out of the blue and play with them for a while and ask to be best friends.

Anyway, I'm sick. I feel AWFUL! I never get sick....I mean, cold sick. Anything sick really. No flus or viruses. Headaches and cramps, maybe but you can't count that. Pretty sure it's bronchitis and now....now....I'm losing my damn voice. UGH!!

Twilight movie comes out on DVD soon and I'm pumped! I flippin' love this movie (not as much as I loved the books of course) and can I just offer that I was a fan of Twilight before the hype...yes, that's right. I was a true dedicated fan. I can't say as much about the Harry Potter series because I didn't start reading those until right after the fifth book came out but that's how it is with this series. I saw my sister was reading it one day, thought it looked interesting and then saw a book review for it later.

I remember when I asked Mel what it was about and she told me a teen falls in love with a vampire, I could have laughed. I thought it was cheeeeesy and I was not interested at all. Then I read the review for it in a magazine and went and bought it and thus began the obsession. My sisters on here (you OF COURSE know who you are) if you ever have time to read I highly recommend this series, I know you both would love it. Everyone I have ever known to read it has loved it. I LOVE IT!

Sorry...passion taking over again....once more, lol.

Anyway, I'm drinking coffee and enjoying sitting here listening to Bobby type. You know, he really is an amazing writer. I'm so impressed with him. He will believe me only to some extent when I tell him this but it's true, he has a real gift that intimidates me....as so many writers can do.

So, today I'm sick and my plans were to go see my mom and maybe my niece but you know, that's a dumb idea. I can't be getting the little bear sick. How awful.

My little bear. Oh, how I love her so much. She's really growing, you know? Almost 6 months old. 6 months!! She's all rolling over on her own and eating baby food. She has her own little personality...well, Randi's mostly...oh...my...no....lol. She does have this little "I know I own each and everyone of you" personality. HA! She does, and that's ok with me. I flippin' adore her and damn...I always miss her...

But I don't get to see her today.

And it's my day off so you know what I'm going to do? Something I haven't done in a long time...play me some Final Fantasy. What the flip else is there to do when you're sick and miserable?? Clean?! Give me a break! Besides, when Bobby's here he usually does that for me LOL!

Much love and happiness my friends,

*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2009 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640049-Best-Friend-and-a-bunch-of-other-junk