*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640194-What-a-Smart-Girl-You-Are
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#640194 added March 13, 2009 at 8:30am
Restrictions: None
What a Smart Girl You Are...
Oh, sometimes I'm so smart I just can't stand it.

I was at work Wednesday and realized that they had four techs scheduled for today so I acted and had my friend Polly, who is a nurse, call and put me on the call-off list, which basically if you are on it for a certain day and they have enough staff they will call you and tell you that you don't have to work.

So last night I try to go to sleep at 11, which is a difficult enough task the way it is seeing how I slept quite a bit throughout the day, and would fall asleep only to wake up a few minutes later coughing my flippin' lungs out. It went on and on like this throughout the night and all I really wanted to do when it happened was get up and move around. I had to talk myself out of that knowing I would regret it in the morning. But also, each time I woke up I would think "please, please just let them call me in the morning and tell me I don't have to work."

It's like doing a magic trick when you put your name on the call-off list. A very difficult magic trick. Most times, it fails.

My alarm clock went off and I hit snooze for a good 40 minutes. My phone is dead so I had to wake Bobby up and ask if I could use his to check my messages. Ah, the magic trick worked this time.

I still have to go in later today but only for the last four hours of the shift. Plus, they'll stick me where ever they need me. I'm cool with that cause I so didn't get enough sleep last night.

Have I mentioned how much I HATE being sick??

*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2009 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640194-What-a-Smart-Girl-You-Are