*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663153-The-Search-Continues
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#663153 added August 11, 2009 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
The Search Continues
Well, Boo didn't get the job.

We were both terribly bummed, especially from all the anticipation over the three days we were made to wait. I guess the lady interviewing him is just a naturally, bubbly kinda person. As well as the interview went, I'm surprised he didn't get it. She really made him think he would. I'm so bummed. Not as much as he is though. But we gotta move on. The job search continues. He's already gotten a poem and is working on a short story about the experience. *Pthb* We're working hard to stay positive.

After we got the phone call, we thought a trip to Bloomington would do us some good. We drove in and he put his application in at a Bloomingfoods, and organic food store/cafe, for a dishwasher position. I don't know what it is about those places that make me so happy. I love the way they smell. All the good, healthy, raw food. Raw as in no chemicals and all that shit. That's how we all should eat. The problem is how expensive they are. I would love to do ALL my grocery shopping there just because I like how that idea makes me feel but I could never afford it. Even as I sat across from Boo while he filled his application out, I wondered if there would ever be a time when I could afford to shop there. Maybe with a combined income but even then what money we had would have to go to other things. We're having a hard enough time the way it is. It's times like these I wished my parents were rich and could just hand me money with no problem whenever I needed it. Or else if I were born into this life to be a major celebrity making 3 mil a movie and having three plus houses all over the world. Who says you have to work hard to get what you want? hahahahaha. Some people don't get it....At least I could say in the future that what I have, I actually earned.

Running off topic here....I sat across from Boo and watched all the people lining up to pay for the groceries. Not many people were there and often I would catch the cashiers standing idle at the cash registers picking at their fingernails, the bag man waiting by the door watching eagerly for customers. I wondered briefly it the lack of shoppers had to do with lack of money. One guy came up with three bags of potato chips and a bag of hamburger buns. The cost? 24 some dollars and change. I was really surprised. All the groceries I could get for 24 bucks and he got potato chips and bread. I wanted to tell him that Wal-mart was having a special on buns and bread, 75 cents a loaf. I smiled to myself a little.

We headed to Soma after that. Unfortunately, they were closing at five that day. That gave us a good 20 minutes. We got some coffee anyway. To go. I selected a Kenya AA blend, I normally don't care for the Kenyan coffee but this one said it had hints of berries and chocolate and chocolate was turning out to sound really good. Boo got a black beard blend. I put one to many sweetners in mine and Boo said his tasted like it had been sitting too long and was too hot. I forgot to tell him that as soon as we walked away after filling his coffee up the barista exchanged the pump he had just gotten his coffee from for a newer one. Must have been sitting there a while. I don't know why she even bothered, they were closing anyway.

We headed to the back room where you could smell the food from the Laughing Planet the best and could see through to the next room to a cd store...ah, I love Bloomington...and sat in two severely damaged orange leather chairs and read and sipped overly hot coffee until we were kicked out.

We came home and read, and surfed the internet...I made us some fettuccine Alfredo with canned tomatoes and broccoli and chicken and we ate while watching an episode of Kitchen Nightmares off the internet. Then we played yahtzee. We are yahtzee playing fools.

I'm reading a book called "Banana Rose" by Natalie Goldberg. I absolutely love it. I don't even know how to describe it so I'm not going to but I plan on reading it most of the day. Then it's back to work tomorrow. Boo has a job doing some kind of drywall business. He's getting paid 75 bucks for it.

Much love and happiness friends,

*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2009 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663153-The-Search-Continues