*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673150
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · War · #1611543
A story based in the holocaust. The Jewish camps and such in WW2.
#673150 added October 24, 2009 at 4:45pm
Restrictions: None
The Trip - Marie
I woke up the next day with one thought on my mind. It was my birthday. I glided out of my bedroom and ran into the main room. There stood my whole family. Shouting at me. ‘Happy birthday!’ They cheered and broke the silence.
‘Naww, thanks!’ I cried and ran to hug them all.
We ate cake and had tea together. It was a nice day and they gave me presents. My favorite was the artist canvas my parents had bought me. Pencils from my grandparents and paint from my tauntes who had managed to come. I was so happy. I was sitting next to Papa and he was so joyful. His laugh lines stretched across his face. It was the best birthday. Although my tauntes had made their way home, I am so glad that I had my family to share it with. I was there with the ones I loved.
All I heard was the door burst open and soldiers came streaming in. They were holding guns and looked so scary. They grabbed Papa and took him first. Then Grandma. Then they begun taking us all. I screamed as they grabbed me. Desperately gasping to let me go! I squealed even louder. But one of them just dragged me out.
We were thrown in over-populated trucks and they took off, locking us in a cage. We weren’t all in the same truck. Grandma and Mama were in another one and I couldn’t see my brothers. I had one of my sisters next to me, but I knew that the baby was with Mama. Papa was there with us. There was so many people, I was squished between them all. There was a strong smell and they were all quite loud. The soldiers sat behind a metal cage to keep us in. Bashing on the bars every once and a while, with whatever they were holding. I just tried to sleep. Enduring the long day of suffering which was supposed to be my 14th birthday.
We changed to a train after a long ride of starting and stopping. We awoke from dozing to the bashing on the sides of the truck. We hobbled out, making the change to the train. The guards surrounded us all, poking us to move. We got in the trains and were crowded in, not sitting on seats in the upper-carriages that I was used to. But just a bare carriage with a few boxes in them. We had no food and a bucket of water was passed around, but the people at the front drank that. Many people were already dying. Not to mention the ice cold winter that blew through every hole. No heating at all. In the pit of a German winter.
We were on there for a whole day. I had seen the sun set the day of my birthday and rise the next. It set again and this time, it didn’t rise.


Please Read, Review and Rate!! 

CASSANDRA!!

And please also read my other stories too.
© Copyright 2009 Cassiandra (UN: cassiandra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cassiandra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673150