*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745387-Getting-a-grip
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#745387 added January 23, 2012 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Getting a grip....
I have been up almost all night with Jim, just one thing after another, so I had to try to write something this morning to cheer myself up.

It is such a beautiful day here, reaching for the 80's...again. As I type, Mopsy is looking out the window next to my desk, watching some birds dashing in and out of the birdbath. I hung another feeder close by for all the little sparrows and chicadees that visit this time of year. It's one of those vertical, multiple spot dealies, four at a time.

I can hear some screeching bluejays in the distance, but the feeders I have near this window are too small to accomodate them. They are gabbing to each other in between the squirrels' chatter. I hear some crows, also, and even a hawk in the distance. I've not heard Woody yet this morning, but I am sure he will be by, probably in the backyard, as usual.

A pair of Carolina wrens are trying to build a nest inside the garage again. I caught them in there a couple of days ago. It's a terrible idea because of the coming heat, but they don't seem to remember. They are just looking for a warm spot now. I'm trying to discourage them by shooing them out and keeping the garage door down during the daytime.

I have my window up and the air smells like spring, clean and fresh and full of possibilities. It's 10:15 but it must be close to 70 degrees by now. A tulip tree in the yard across the street is confused and blooming, a deep pink, almost lavender. Nature is refreshing, just seeing how life continues to go on, is somehow reassuring. I feels lots better....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745387-Getting-a-grip