*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749244-the-20th-or-the-21st
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#749244 added March 21, 2012 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
the 20th or the 21st....
Today on space.com I read all about why the spring equinox now falls on the 20th instead of the 21st, as it always did during my younger days. Not only that, it will not fall on the 21st again until the 22nd century! Well, at least, I don't have to keep saying in response to the question, "When is the first day of spring?". Oh, it's either the 20th or 21st. Now I know it's going to be the 20th for as long I have springs remaining *Smile*. Thank heavens I've cleared all that up and cleaned out some brain space *Bigsmile*.

until next time...c

ps - I should have added this explanation from space.com...."The first day of spring arrives on varying dates (from March 19-21) in different years for two reasons: Our year is not exactly an even number of days; and Earth's slightly noncircular orbit, plus the gravitational tug of the other planets, constantly changes our planet's orientation to the sun from year to year." Sorry, didn't mean to keep it to myself *Smile*.

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749244-the-20th-or-the-21st