*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753959-Chapter-17-Where-Did-You-Sleep-Last-Night-Darrius
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753959 added June 1, 2012 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 17: Where Did You Sleep Last Night Darrius
Chapter 17: Darrius



.Knock.Knock.Knock
When I opened my eyes it took me a moment to realize where I was. I was still in the passenger seat of my Mustang. That ass left me here in the middle of nowhere. I was going bash his face in when I saw him again. Obviously he took me for somebody to be reckoned with.
Knock. Knock. Knock.
I looked over at the driver seat window, and there was a tall man with a thick red goatee. I rolled down the power windows. The guy looked like Paul Bunyon.
"Can I help you?" I asked.
"I was driving by and saw your car on side of the road. Are you okay kid?"
"Yeah. I just sent my friend out for gas last night and he never came back."
"Hate to break this to you but seems to me you don't have much of a friend." The laughed.
I had no choice but to laugh too. "Tell me about it! Hey, you wouldn't happen to have the time would you?"
The guy lifted his arm and observed the gold time piece on the leather black band round his arm. "'Bout six 'fifty!"
"Damn. I have to get to school. "
"Well you're in luck." The man smiled. "I have a tow truck."
"And you are a life saver. Thank you. My dad will pay you whatever you need."
The man chuckled. "Don't worry about it. Didn't you say you need to be in school?"
"Thank you so much!"
"I'm Carl Peterson!"
"Darrius, Darrius Clancy."
"Like the football player?"
I laughed. "Yeah. That's my dad. I'm Darrius Clancy Jr."
I was shocked that Carl took me home towed my car, and still did not want to be paid for it. It made me happy that there were people as cool as him in the world. He was just happy to meet my dad and get a picture with him. My dad even offered him an autograph but he said the picture was enough.
I was expecting police officers at my house, it made me wonder if they even knew that I was gone. It didn't matter I would be late for school and today was the first after school practice of the year, so I would have to give the coach one hell of an excuse for being late. I took a shower, go dressed, grabbed the keys to the Charger and headed out the door.
It was a long ride to school, and gave me a chance to clear my head. I thought about that jerk that left me in my car in the middle of nowhere. Just to think Sorrell actually told me to go easy on him. I was ready to pound him in months ago, for stepping on my band new Jordans.
Maybe that was why, he kept gawking at her, like some sort of a sick puppy. Sorrell, was one of the most beautiful girls in the school. Honestly, their we girl prettier than her but, there was just something about her.
I was the quarterback of the football team, and could have any girl that I wanted, but I wanted her. In a way she was my Moby Dick. She wasn't interested in dating anybody in the school her dad was a teacher so she was double the challenge. Her dad was easy. It was a guy thing, you throw sports in the mix and they are eating out the palm of your hand, but Sorrell, was a piece of work.
I just took a cue from my dad. "Persistence beats resistance." That was how he got my mom. That was my dad's style, give them the world, until they fall in love, and then just be an asshole to them. They will spend every waking minute trying to change themselves to get things back to the way things were.
Unfortunately, Sorrell wasn't going for it. I think it was more, of her mother passing away, than anything. Maybe I should have been more sensitive around that time, and been the asshole after. I didn't know, but all I knew, was somehow she had gotten under my skin and for some strange reason, I missed her, and I wanted her back. Then I decided I would get her back.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753959-Chapter-17-Where-Did-You-Sleep-Last-Night-Darrius