*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757009-I-Had-a-Dream---
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#757009 added July 21, 2012 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
I Had a Dream . . .
I had a dream . . .

No, this is not a dissertation on the great Martin Luther King, Jr.'s dream, but it's a pretty memorable dream too. The thing is when I don't have insominia, I dream A LOT, and most the time I remember them. So you have to realize for me to actually blog about one of my dreams, it has to be a doozie.

Okay, grab some popcorn and a soda, recline your chair, and get ready to be confused.

It began in the old farm house I grew up in it's not there anymore, a tornado demolished it in 1999. About 8 of us were there, mostly my family. I know for sure my dad and my older brother were there, the rest is just kind of a mass. Apparently, we had discovered the government was corrupt (imagine that), and they had found out that we knew - so of course, logically, they were going to kill us before we could spread the news.

My dad was in charge, barking out orders. We needed to split up so we wouldn't be so easily spotted by the high-tech helicopters. He said, "Audra, you take the semi."

"Dad, I don't know how to drive a semi." We don't have a semi so i have no idea what this represents

"Audra, it's time you embrace the family motto 'The tougher it is, the better i like it'."

"That's not the family motto. that's your motto. Who has a family motto?"

This is the point where I got a short lecture on being sassy. Being 43 and gettting a lesson about having a smart mouth, took my mind off of our impending death for a moment. Like a good daughter, I climbed into the red semi.

"Try to stay on the back roads so you aren't easily spotted."

I thought, but was smart enough to not verbalize, I'll be lucky if I can keep this thing on any road.

Dad continued. "Here is $8.75 for the week. You will need to use this for gas and food. I'm not sure how much gas is in it now so spend wisely."

I looked at the money in my hand and thought I had to be missing something here.

Dad sensing my confusion, explained,"If you buy a plug of tobacco and chew on it, you won't need to eat as much."

This was the plan? To make me barf continually so I wouldn't need food for a week? But I didn't say anything, I just started to climb in the monster semi truck.

With a 'good luck' he turned and walked away. As I watched him leave I couldn't believe my eyes. He was getting in a normal truck with my very in shape, rough and tumble older brother.

I couldn't help myself. I yelled, "Hey, why does Will get to go with you? And in a normal vehicle!"

I just got the glare. So, apparently even in my dreams, my brother is the golden child.

I began driving on the dirt roads, but I found that too hard so I just started driving through pastures. I had no idea where I was going, but heck I was driving this damn thing.

Eventually, I came to a small town that I deemed safe to stop at for gas and my plug of tobacco. When I came out of the store, my childhood friend, Tammy, whom I literally haven't spoken to in 25 years, but she is a facebook friend so I guess that counts for something ranout grabbing my arm telling me I was to follow her that the government was looking for the semi. So we ran and ran and ran - you get the picture.

She explained to me that parts of the chase had been televised. Many of the citizens were on our side and willing to help us, but we had to be careful because others were just pretending to help and would turn us in for the reward money.

We were still running. In fact, we ran right into a professional football game. As the running back dodged between us I assume it was a running back - he had the ball and was running, we realized we must have made a wrong turn and were horrified to realize it was a nationally televised game. We dashed to the locker rooms which turned out to be a maze of corriders.

We turned a corner and came face to face with 2 scientists their 2 assistants and a person on a gurney. The scientists pretended to be on our side but the assistants ratted them out. They injected the guy on the gurney with a new drug that would make you bleed out from your eyes. They had the only antidote, and if the scientists wouldn't let us by, they would not give it to the patient. Blood started foaming down the guy's face. Eventually, the scientists relented and let us by.

When we found our way outside, the crowds were cheering. At which time I remembered I had forgotten to take my final exam in science 20 years ago was when I was in college, of course - so this makes tons of sense. I told Tammy she was on her own, and went searching for someone's notes to borrow for the test.

And then I woke up ---

hey, freud - good luck with this one,

On the run,
Audra

© Copyright 2012 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757009-I-Had-a-Dream---