*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810889-Do-you-know-this-couple-They-are-wanted-for-proposing
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#810889 added March 22, 2014 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
Do you know this couple? They are wanted, for proposing...
Blogging badge


Our manuscript proposals are just not as exciting as this proposal.

https://twitter.com/amNewYork/status/446773264270913537/photo/1

I'm beginning to wonder if I should start hitch hiking on the main highway, back and forth, proposing to truck drivers about my novel, see if they'll accept the submission, offer me a contract, sign up for the book, film and marketing rights.

I mean, if a bloke asking some chick to marry him, in the middle of a peak hour train, attracts this sort of attention and desperate pleas from people like AMNewyork, or Justin Timberlake etc, then maybe that's the answer to us writer's woes.

How many of us find this sort of exposure, or hysterical notice, sitting in our study or lounge room, poking at our MSI or ACER laptop keypads?

********


Then there is this fellow (in the link) *Down* who claims that writing isn't fun. What is he on? Shrooms? We love what we do. It IS fun.

(cough cough)
Bloodshot eyes, and comments about being an unemployed no hoper, have to be fun don't they?

I wonder if I've become the type of bloke my Dad used to detest, or at minimum, try to ignore. The artsy type, who these days are totally acceptable man, and can slop around at 10:30 am having breakfast in slippers and not much else, with scraggy hair, vacant eyes, and a suspiciously unhygienic odour about them.

These creative tiredness junkies don't have to earn a living, so much as say the right words to convince people that they are living; they are alive, because their performance, their thing, is so good, so well done, so sought after, it will one day in the future be famous.

Yes I seem to be that guy. Without the talent or fame...Maybe that's where the fun starts.

Floss and writing. (language alert)
http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-literati/2014/03/advice-tofrom-an-emerging-wri...

But like a cough lolly, (candy) or a dollop of Vick's Vapour Rub smeared on your throat and jammed up each nostril, the soothing effect of this next link makes me feel that all of the irritation my Dad and others may express about my lack of motivation (In reality my whole family is very supportive) is all worth it. Libraries have always been one place of sanctuary that was locked solid in concrete.

SHHHHH!!! used to be a definitely obeyed command. Now though, try sitting in any library to study or write, for any length of time.
This is something that seems to be changing, at least in the government libraries I attend, where noise and loud talking is becoming the norm.

Why, WHY, can't they get the flamin heck out of there. Why go to a library to have a yarn with your besty about the last horse racing cup? Or about the football team guy that missed out on being chosen for the season.

It's a bit like another of my pet annoyances. Sorry for unloading here, but I can't go shouting about this in the library, now can I?
Yes, another pet peeve is those people who could choose any street or road to drive from point A, to point B.

Why in the name of Holden and Ford insurance policies, do they have to insist on driving down the main street, slap bang through the mall / shopping area that's chocka block with people walking, people trying to park, people driving slowly?

Why then get cheesed off at someone trying to find a park for their elderly father in law, who can't walk far to the coffee shop, and this is his only day he gets out of the house, looks forward to it all week, but now I have this douche bag blowing his horn and revving his hotted up old bomb fair up my clacker.

Why?? What toilet roll did he rip his drivers' license from? Well, he should either fold it, or scrunch it up and we'd all be flushed with success if he never drove again.

No patience at all, no tolerance, no empathy for anyone else except their selfish selfie taking selves. So, the soothing libraries in this link, will take away all my sense of frustration with said stupid-headed car revving wombat brain. Ok, I feel better already!

Where would we be, (stand or walk) without our library?



http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/three-libraries-in-unexpected-places

Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810889-Do-you-know-this-couple-They-are-wanted-for-proposing