*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846173-Climbing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#846173 added April 8, 2015 at 12:16am
Restrictions: None
Climbing
Prompt: It has rained 3 days in a row. After it has stopped raining, you notice a giant sunflower that reaches clear to the sky. There is a rainbow above it. Do you get brave and climb it? What or who is at the top?

-------------------------

When in passing, I told my doctor that was up on a step ladder (second rung, mind you) to change a lightbulb, his exact words were: “Don’t ever climb anything, again. It will be the last thing you’ll do. The very last thing!”

Eeeek!

So I think, I’ll leave it to Jack to climb up the giant sunflower instead of the beanstalk, about which he keeps boasting so often. And maybe I’ll suggest that, while he’s up there, he might throw down a few sunflower seeds so I can put them in the dough when I bake bread.

The rest is up to Jack. I can’t foretell what he’s going to find if he can make it to the rainbow, but you know Jack. You know what he did to the giant. Who knows what he’ll do to whatever he finds anywhere.

Just keep in mind. It is a good idea to be wary of all Jacks who climb to places where they have no business climbing. Those kids are dangerous. Especially for giants who are accustomed to staying up there, on top of everyone.


===========

Also...

Just for the fun of it: Usages Close in Meaning

whenever and when ever

whenever : at whatever time, no matter when
Whenever you can, clean the garage.
when ever: when, if ever?
When ever will you do your homework on time?

used to and use to

used to : past tense when the meaning attached to the verb is positive
There used to be a bakery at the corner.
use to: still past tense but when the meaning attached to the verb is negative
There didn’t use to be a bakery at the corner; you are mistaken.

Collision and Collusion

Collision : violent encounter of a moving body with another
He was injured in the collision when a truck hit his car.

Collusion: secret agreement for purposes of trickery or fraud between two or more people or parties
Fewer collusions are reported between businesses and state governments during the last five years.

© Copyright 2015 Joy-the Harpy Witch (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy-the Harpy Witch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846173-Climbing