*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853739-Dirt-and-Rain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#853739 added July 8, 2015 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Dirt and Rain
We had a bunch of pine trees (14 I think) cut down in our front yard about seven years ago. Pine needles were such a hassle to rake up and then there are the Florida storms that seem to rip off a thousand twigs.

Anyway, back to those pine trees. We had the stumps ground and now the dirt over them is settling...into holes which create a hardship on my butt when I cut the grass. Some of them are getting so deep that I joked to my neighbor she might need to come and rescue me if she saw the mower running without a driver.

Today I went to Home Depot and bought a few bags of fill topsoil. I got it all put in the holes and leveled out with the rake. Now I will wait for the next rain storm (which shouldn't be a very long wait) to see how much the dirt settles - may have to do it all over again, but they can't be as bad as they were. It's amazing how long I had to think about this before I actually did it. I argue with myself...you can't do it, you can do it...for days, and then all of a sudden, I just do it. Are you like this? It must be age or something.

Much as I wanted it to, it didn't rain today, yet. We are getting some heat lightning and thunder, though, so we may have a night storm.

till next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853739-Dirt-and-Rain