*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857343-A-Life-Ending
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#857343 added August 14, 2015 at 6:13am
Restrictions: None
A Life Ending
Today was my mother-in-law's birthday. She passed away in 1974, a little over one year before my mom died of lung cancer. I remember traveling to West Virginia in the snow in January. Gladys, Jim's mom, had a heart attack and Jim was anxious to see her. The entire trip seemed unreal. Now, his sister-in-law, the wife of his oldest brother (88) is expected to die anytime. She has had Alzheimer's for awhile and has reached the non-eating and non-drinking stage. She's under Hospice care. Again, death is on my mind.

Betty and Howard encouraged us to move to Florida 37 years ago. They lived here in our town then, but eventually followed their children to Winter Haven and the distance curtailed our visits. They came to see Jim about six months before he passed away. I have not seen them since Jim's funeral in July 2012, but have chatted on the phone often. Both of them are Christians, but still death is shocking. Please keep us all in your prayers.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857343-A-Life-Ending