*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866882-Food-on-the-brain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#866882 added November 23, 2015 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
Food on the brain...
I'm trying to type with my hands wrapped around a coffee cup. It's 40 degrees here in sunny Gainesville, Florida and my fingers are saying uh uh. It was hard to crawl out of bed this morning. Even Mopsy slept in *Laugh*.

My daughter and granddaughter are coming for Thanksgiving. I feel a little guilty about not having turkey (I'm vegetarian) but I think they understand. I'll try to make up for it with the delish veggies...corn pudding, sweet tater souffle and that have to have green bean casserole plus some that are good for you. And of course pumpkin pie.

I made a cranberry nut bread yesterday and it tastes really good. The recipe called for whole cranberry sauce, yummy. My critique pod meets tomorrow and I'll take some to share. We used to have a vendor...I think they had something to do with veterans...in the lobby of our library branch but they moved out about a month ago. It was really nice to be able to buy a cup of coffee before our pod meeting. I wish they'd come back.

I watched my last Hercule Poirot on Netflix last night, about the 100th. I think I could be called an HP expert now although I never know "who did it" , even on the last one and even though I had seen it before. That's one advantage of getting old, a little memory loss *Smile* in the right places.

A friend made some good and easy little salty sweet snacks which I might try and take to my life history group on the 3rd, one of the tiny curly pretzels (be sure to buy the good buttery ones she said) with a chocolate kiss set on top, in the oven at 350 till it softens down, then take it out and put a pecan half in the middle, um um good.

Well, it looks like my fingers have loosened up and Mopsy is begging to go out on the porch (but I don't think she will stay long) so I will say...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866882-Food-on-the-brain