*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879283-I-have-a-theory-fiction-or-fact
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#879283 added April 13, 2016 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
I have a theory: fiction or fact
Wednesday April 13 - News Sensationalist or Conspiracy Theorist Blogger - Make it up. The more the bizarre the better.


“There are no coincidences”

I put quotes around the title because the first time I heard it a minister of the gospel told it to me. It often pops into my head when I see or hear something that does not add one and one and get two. I guess I was suppose to delve into some fiction in this blog but it does not suit me today.

During the shootings at the party in California a while ago, a news reporter said it was the 5th shooting they had covered in the country recently and it was beginning to take a tole on the emotions of the reporters covering the events. When unusual experience invades our lifestyle it brings with it an opening to wonder how some event happened. I went looking for definitions to help me decide how to approach the prompt.

Google definition for sensationalism: (Noun) (especially in Journalism) The use of exciting or shocking stories or language to promote public interest or excitement.

I’ve read lots of history about journalism. Who do the paparazzi sell their pictures and stories to? To the papers and magazines looking for sensationalist articles to sell to the public. There are people who believe that sensationalism sells news. This is an old argument with in journalism. Does the public want facts or sensationalism?

Google definition for conspiracy theories: (pl. Noun) A belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

Definition from www.urbandictionary.com: Designation assigned by corporate media to any idea divergent of government script. Also this: two words that are uttered whenever anyone is getting close to the truth. Mindset has a lot to do with theories look for proven facts.

On www.metabunk.org I found 3 classifications of Conspiracy Theories: A. Event B. Systematic C. Super. There was explanations of the classifications. I would classify this as social learning.

Last I found on www.telegraph.co.uk some lists of real conspiracy theories:

1. The Roswell Incident, 1947 - I still wonder how could a space alien have crashed his ship without us every seeing another real alien in all these years.
2. NASA faked the moon landings - although I have read about the flag pictures I did not know about the theory.
3. NWO (New World Order) Secretive groups (illuminati, Bilderberg group, Masonic Lodge, Other brotherhoods and sisterhoods) plotting to rule mankind. It might be interesting to know that some of these were also named in theories before the last 2 World Wars.
4. 9/11 : I had not heard there were full blown theories about the government being involved in creating 9/11.

There were 10 listed all together but you get the idea. Recently, World War III has been mentioned. This is related to some belief system out there, that Christ will not return until after World War Seven. Some of this has to do with Numerology that rears its ugly head now and again. Another idea people like to push is that the world cannot exist in balance without sensationalism of some kind.

Personally, I think there is enough challenge in creating peace and plenty to keep the earths populations busy for millions of years. I’m presently reading “American Sniper” by Chris Kyle with Jim De Felice and Scott McEwen. There are some quotes that paint a picture of the USA news “War one day; peace the next.” And “but the transition from war to home was still a shock.” Let’s keep fiction in the realm of fiction, facts in the realm of reality and theory in an unproven category, which will express your well rounded mind.

Theories mess with your thinking. Biology teaches that a theory is not a proven fact. It is just something some one thinks could be true. You have to have facts that can be proven by more than one scientist. You have to have evidence to prove a case against a criminal. Otherwise, it is just a theory!

Owl with an attitude

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879283-I-have-a-theory-fiction-or-fact