*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910290-What-if-our-life-could-be-downloaded-to-a-flash-drive
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2101119
*A more amazing debatable collection never before written, or seen. *South of Tasmania
#910290 added May 2, 2017 at 12:58am
Restrictions: None
What if our life could be downloaded to a flash drive?
How are you living your life? Is it worthy of attention, or a giant big, uncovered, tonsil-viewing yawn?

Today I logged on to WDC, an unusual occurrence these days due to life's upheaval, and I decided to print out some of my short stories, and poems, for my folks to read. They don't do the internet. They barely do phones. And Facebook is a sinister "gossip" abomination. Ok, maybe not that far, but they just don't fully understand how much time I have spent, sweating over those items "written online".

Getting back to how our lives unfold. What's our story? Is it printable?

Is it a dominant narrative, the things we've done? History with a capital aitch? Or is our life rolling out as a history that easily slips through the cracks, is forgotten, overgrown, outlived, receding into the past, left behind, even...abandoned.

I was intrigued as usual by Kirsten Dirksen's latest YouTube offering, her perspective edited cunningly into a fascinating expose of an alternative style of living. Someone's idea put into practice.



She always plants a garden of story prompt seed, overflowing my mind with new ideas along similar vein. Perhaps none of the ideas will ever bear fruit. But we can always pass on some of the seed. Seeds of fresh ways of thinking, yet using, reusing, recycling the old bits and pieces.

Story telling with a purpose. Preservation of history that without the author would be lost to time.

While disinterested now, the ones growing up will revisit these places one day, perhaps when their hair has lost its youthful lustre, and grey haired experiences wrinkled their face with character.

Yes, then they'll be asking - how did it all come about?

And you know how the answer will begin, don't you? I don't need to say it. Surely. But I want to anyway...

Once upon a time, there was an expansive river (throws arms out wide) and people lived there and they...

© Copyright 2017 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910290-What-if-our-life-could-be-downloaded-to-a-flash-drive