*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932789-Dread-it-run-from-it-destiny-still-arrives
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(131)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#932789 added April 15, 2018 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives

"Blog Harbor from The Talent Pond PROMPT (DAY 14): Blogger's Choice! All you have to do today is write about any movie and tell us why. What are you dying to talk about? Do you want to praise or rip on a movie you just saw? Mention your favorite movie that didn't fit into any of the prompts so far this week? Talk about your most eagerly-anticipated movie of this year? As long as you talk a little about why you picked it, write about any movie you want, past, present, or future!




I've mentioned this movie a couple of times in my blog entries this week, but today I'm featuring it all by itself because this is probably the movie in the entire course of my professional career that I'm most proud to have worked on. The Right Girl, which is the only film that I actually have a writing credit on, is up there, but I still think Avengers: Infinity War ekes out a slight lead. This is just such a huge, momentous movie, I feel privileged to have been a part of working on it, even as someone behind the scenes rather than in the spotlight.

This movie is truly unprecedented in a couple of ways.

First, the size and scope of the film is massive. I can't think of any movie that has as many A-list stars in it. Even if you only count the actors who have been the primary lead in another movie, there are over twenty. If you count all the actors with at least a modicum of name recognition, you're up to nearly fifty. Put all of those actors in a movie that's one of the highest, if not the highest, budget film of all time and we're talking about a movie with a size and scope that few people have ever seen before. It makes the Pirates of the Caribbean movies seem like modest fare.

Second, and more importantly, though, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has accomplished what no other franchise in history has done; it's pulled together eighteen films that have come before it, each connected in some way to the other movies. The only other film franchises that come even close to having eighteen entries are James Bond (24-26 depending on how you count them), Amityville Horror (18), and Star Trek (13), all of which have had a number of films not relate to one another. The fact that Marvel Studios has made not just eighteen blockbuster, box-office-record-toppling films, but blockbuster, box-office-record-topping interconnected films is nothing short of amazing.

I'm really proud of this film. Even for people who aren't huge Marvel movie fans, I think there's something to enjoy here. It's a good movie. But for fans of the Marvel universe? Oh man, it's going to blow you away. The size and scope of what the filmmakers have done on this movie will shock you. If you got a giddy feeling seeing the team assemble for the first time in The Avengers, imagine what it'll feel like to see eighteen films' worth of heroes assembling. The Avengers meet Guardians of the Galaxy meet Doctor Strange meet Black Panther meet Spider-Man.

It's been such an immense amount of work, and such an amazing experience to be a part of. I always get a little twinge of pride when the credits roll and I find my name in that long end crawl... and this one is particularly special. I can't wait until the world can see it. Only a few more days to wait! *Smile*

© Copyright 2018 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932789-Dread-it-run-from-it-destiny-still-arrives