*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951279-New-York-State-of-Mind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#951279 added February 6, 2019 at 12:08am
Restrictions: None
New York State of Mind
Lyn's a Witchy Woman : Yup, we're going to meet the famous Norb. It's only going to cost 750 gps for your phenomenal experience.

We're taking a limo ride so you'll get to see some of New York's gorgeous landscapes. You might even sneak in some shut eye after the Big Apple.

There's five cool things to see in Cortland before we hook up with Norb.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g47543-Activities-Cortland_Finger_Lakes_...

I spoke with the owner of Pontillio's and he's agreed to close the joint so we can have a private party with Fivesixer Here's your chance to ask questions or maybe grab his autograph, You do know he's published now. Hope you're in the mood for pizza.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g47543-d458524-Reviews-Pontillo_s_...



I'm always in the mood for pizza, especially the ones they sell in New York, which are the One True Pizza. Yes, even Italy can't do pizza as well as New York.

Cortland looks like a small town, but it boasts at least one brewery:

https://www.cortlandbeer.com/

As a bonus, it's also a distillery, so once again I have to break from the agenda.

My main reason for traveling around the US so much is to sample the wide range of fermented and distilled beverages available in every state. Naturally, some states are graced with more than others, because laws vary. In Kentucky, for example, there are bourbon distillers that are located in dry counties - figure that one out, if you can.

There are over 6,000 breweries in the US, and I don't think I've visited even 1/10 of them. Also, the nature of the business makes it so that, on average, every week we lose one and gain two. My favorite are the brewpubs - places where you can sit down, sample the beer, and also enjoy the food. Fortunately, this is also the largest category of brewery, these days.

It's a Sisyphean task to try to hit all of them, but someone has to try. This is made even more difficult by the excellent purveyors of fine beverages located near me in central Virginia - why travel when I have what I need right here? Well... I travel anyway.

But my love for beer is surpassed only by my love for pizza, so I'm happy to check out a new (to me) pizza place, as well, along with folks like 🌸 pwheeler love, joy, peace and Prosperous Snow celebrating .

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951279-New-York-State-of-Mind