Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3169014
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 3, 2018 at 4:16pm
Re: So spaced out...
by Cinn
I was having much the same issue on Wednesday (the day before). Dude... it took me 10 hours to NOT finish my stat homework. Like... what the fuck? I was working on it continuously. No YouTube breaks or song breaks or anything like that. Just me, a stats textbook, and SAS. Keeping in mind that this was like... 15 questions? And I've done all of this before like... a hundred times.

I'd finish a problem, look at the clock... and it had been another hour. I have no idea what was happening. I literally was just running simple t tests. Most weren't even two sample tests... just one sample by hand. For a bunch of them, I just threw the data is SAS, and it spit out the answer. For some questions, it would have been even faster to just use my calculator to get the standard deviation, but I never even thought of it until the next day. Wtf?

I didn't count, but I'm pretty sure I was finishing like 1 question per hour on average. Some of it was just spacing out and then having to redo stuff I just did. But like... pretty sure I was legit losing time for most of it. The following day, I did 5-6 problems in like, an hour? 90 mins? And they were the hardest/most involved ones.

I fought the urge to go back over the stuff I did the day before... but I'm sure lots of it is wrong. I was worried I'd dissociate if I reread the questions... like, fall back into the mindset or whatever.

Essentially, I wasted an entire day. But I worked my ass off that whole day and didn't finish until like 4am. *Facepalm* I really don't have the time to spare. Especially a day when I work and work and work... and it's a 100% waste of time.

I haven't had a chance to read your PH entry yet, by the way. I had a bit of time on March 1 (because I was functioning perfectly well again), but none since then. *Facepalm*

MESSAGE THREAD
So spaced out... · 03-02-18 6:37pm
by Charlie ~
*Star* Re: So spaced out... · 03-03-18 4:16pm
by Cinn
Re: Re: So spaced out... · 03-03-18 10:55pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: Re: So spaced out... · 03-04-18 3:25am
by Cinn
Re: So spaced out... · 03-05-18 2:31pm
by Dragon is hiding
Re: Re: So spaced out... · 03-06-18 8:01am
by Charlie ~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3169014