Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173486
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 21, 2018 at 2:24pm
Topic of the Week--Forgiveness
by Andie
*Dollar* 200 GPs were sent to Charlie ~ with this post.

“Forgiveness is the intentional and voluntary process by which a victim undergoes a change in feelings and attitude regarding an offense, let’s go of negative emotions such as vengefulness, with an increased ability to wish the offender well.” Wikipedia

Forgiveness is a huge issue in one’s mental and physical health. It’s amazing how a negative feeling can cause physical and mental health pain in the heart and soul. Forgiving oneself and others can alleviate some of the pain. It’s important to let go of all the negativity and move on.

In my life, the person who deserves forgiveness from me is me. I have worked hard at forgiving others but have failed to forgive myself for choices from the past. It’s amazing to me how hard I work to forgive those who hurt me but know that those that precipitated my pain still have no idea what they have done in my past. However, when it comes to forgiving myself for causing pain to others, I am much harder on myself.

The hardest situation for me when it comes to forgiveness is the triangulation relationship between me, my mother and my daughter. It was all very complicated and sticky, and it still causes my daughter and me many depths of pain even after my mother’s passing. I feel that I have forgiven my mother and daughter, and wish my mother were here to talk about forgiving the past. What’s best for me is to know that forgiveness would be in her heart as it is in mine.

Words I try to keep in my mind when thinking of the past hurts--“When you forgive, you have taken control of your life, rather than being a victim of it.” Meaningful Life Center.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Topic of the Week--Forgiveness · 03-21-18 2:24pm
by Andie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173486