*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580757
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 26, 2023 at 10:29pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans
I've personally never bought into the idea that most people, at least high schoolers, would be using the masks to become someone famous because I think that for the most part it requires a lot of logistics and planning that I don't think most teenagers would have the ability, foresight, or patience to pull off. Of course in the world of fiction that can always be done i.e. Paul visiting his kid but the logistics 99% of the time just aren't there.

My own personal belief, though, is that I think most teenagers who had access to the Libra would just use it to mess around and not have any grander plans unless they're already the ambitious type. Maybe copy, become, or turn into a golem certain people who could make their lives easier but I think most would just use it in a kind of petty manner. Even someone like Patterson, who's pretty smart and ambitious, mostly uses it as a way to get laid with any girl that strikes his fancy.

From a meta perspective, I just don't feel as interested in seeing much of the area outside of Saratoga Falls or I guess Van Dief County. There's no real connection to anything for Will so it's too much of shift for my liking and I much prefer the setting being it's own little pocket reality where things outside come in but rarely do things inside go out. If there was something that did take place primarily outside I'd rather see some of the surrounding small towns than a major metropolitan area. St. Xavier's works, for me, because it's largely its own separate world but it's still close/connected enough to not feel out of place.

Even just inside Saratoga Falls there's a lot of places that have yet to really be explored. Agape for one. Eastman and Keyserling are largely underdeveloped. Scuyler or the other middle schools although that would largely be predicated on Robert stories to get Will into that location. And yeah, a lot of parents and adult figures as well. The only one that's ever really gotten any significant attention is Chelsea's mother, even Will's mother is kind of a non-entity in comparison to his father.

As or Catherine and her parents... who knows? Maybe they just work a lot or travel or are fairly hands off. Maybe they're associated with the base and rent a house for Catherine off base since being on base would be inconvenient. Maybe Catherine is actually a Fane agent or an alien posing as a high school girl. I'm sure Seuzz has a reasonable answer though.
MESSAGE THREAD
Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 12:03am
by rugal b.
Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 2:41am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 7:40am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 6:29pm
by ThePrussian
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 10:29pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 10:57pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:03pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:28pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-27-23 12:58am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:37pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-27-23 1:02am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-18-23 7:30pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-19-23 8:04am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-19-23 10:46am
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580757