Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2319692
Fun mini challenges for the SuperPower Reviewers to enjoy
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 13, 2024 at 8:30pm
Tongue Twister Story by Kate
by Maryann
Kate Sent her story to me directly, so I wanted to share it here:

Based on: "Betty bought butter but the butter was bitter, so Lettie bought better butter to make the bitter butter better."

Betty ran, wind whipping in her hair, as she closed the door behind her. As she proudly reached into her shopping bag and fished out a silver wrapper, she was furious. "What is this sad, bitter lump?" said Betty as she sank her teeth into the butter.

"You should have checked the label," groaned Lettie, Betty's older sister.

"I did! It said '100% bitter than the origin— . . . oh,"

Lettie sighed and said through bared teeth, "Jeez, it's really not that hard. I'll get the butter this time. When I come back, you'll owe me 10 cents — for both of the butter, plus my tax," Lettie's tax was 1000% on top of the original, so Betty melted into her chair.

Before Betty could respond, Lettie closed the door behind her and walked away.
It's not my fault, muttered Betty, they were tricking everyone with that tag. Suddenly, she had an idea.

When Lettie came back from the store, Betty was grinning from ear to ear. Ignoring her sister's smug expression, Lettie set the yellow block on the table. "Pay up," she said.

Without a fuss, Betty returned with a blossom of green banknotes and handed it to Lettie. "You know, $10 isn't much for me," said Betty with a sly grin.
"Why?" asked Lettie, frowning, as if Betty's words had ripped apart the money tucked safely in Lettie's hands.
"I sued the butter store for false information on their tag," said Betty, "you can keep your $10. I've got hundreds of those in my piggybank."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Tongue Twister Story by Kate · 08-13-24 8:30pm
by Maryann

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3671541