*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/866106
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 16, 2004 at 3:46pm
Re: Mass reply!
by A Non-Existent User
Holy cow, Esther's mail sounds wild! I make envelopes out of magazine pages all the time but I always make sure that the person's name and address is written clearly and boldly on a piece of white paper and the stamp is visible. So...her stamps would be like, what, cut in half, or wrapped partly around the front of the envelope and the back? How little were the scraps of paper on which she wrote your address? Barely readable? I'm surprised the USPS didn't just flat out deny her service! The postal lady in Point Arena is so strict and militant-like (and knows postal stuff like no one else) that I would never dare to even write an address in silver or lightning pen or put the stamp on upside down! When she isn't there, actually, the other two ladies, Kathy and Shawn, are super relaxed and anything goes. That's when I mail out your colorful, make-shift packages!

All the postal workers in Point Arena and Manchester have commented how nice it is to get my colorful, decorated envelopes because the other mail that they sort through is so formal and white and boring you'd think somebody died! That makes me really happy. Has anyone ever said stuff like that to you before? What are your postal workers like?

Is Esther in England alone? Why did she go? How did she get the money? What's she doing there? What's this about her family pushing her out and her brother having her room and they sold her car?...Poor dear! It sounds sort of like her family doesn't want her back after she's been to college. That seems like a common thing to have happen...parents rejecting their kids once their first year of college is over. Nathan's mom, while really nice and kind and understanding most of the time, has pestured Nathan to no end about not taking a break from college this fall and not giving him back his room and stuff. It's so sad! I really, really don't believe that parents have any right to exercise such stupid authority over their young adults. My parents, luckily, have a firm belief that our house is our house, not solely theirs, and my room will be my room as long as I want it to be and that I can always live at home for as long as I want.

About Alisa/Angel: Sarah wasn't lying! Alsia was the most wild lier I've ever known, and what's more, she genuinely acted as though her stories were true. Fea, Ellie, remember how she told us that she was going to be in the Olympics and that she went to all those gymnastics meets and went out to ice cream with Olga Teslenko and stuff? Oh, but sadly, sniff sniff, she messed up her leg really badly and couldn't be in the Olympics after all. Then she told us that she had ran away from home to Hull or something, and found out that she had a sister -- was it a twin? -- who was famous and was an amazing performer and yadda yadda. I wrote her and told her that all of us -- Sarah, Fea, Ellie, Rachel, Micaella, and I -- knew what she was up to and that we'd like to know the real her, but that was apparently around the time she ran away from home and I guess she never got it; at least, she continued writing to me as though nothing had changed.

What did she tell you, Zib?

Oh, and what happened to Sarah Baglione?! She was so sweet and interesting, and we talked on the phone several times, and out of the blue she vanished!

I love penpal gossip! *Delight*

About my lovely jeans -- I wish you could see them! I'll take pictures when I get home (along with hair photos and actual pictures of me). I sew by hand, because if I used a sewing machine it would sew both sides of the pant leg together, which sucks, because using the machine would be great! The stitches wouldn't come undone as easily, too. I just learned to use the sewing machine, actually! Our machine is a dreadfully heavy, black one from the 1930s and has all these funky pedals and stuff. It's fun, kind of like driving, and certainly handy... But I love sitting out in the sun, cutting out patterns and sewing, stitch by stitch, feeling linked to pioneer women and all that stuff. Ah, yeah, I still have Quilters on the brain! I went and saw Les Miserables last night at the CR, though, so my brain is kind of stuck in both musicals. Weird.

Sweeeet! That would be most fascinating if you and Rachel did a highly sarcastic pink dance to a Britney song! Have you heard any of her new songs, Zib? What do you think of them? It's a shame that she wastes her actually pretty good voice on moaning and panting in her new songs...it's like music without the singer. Whatever -- sex sells!

Oh, sorry to exclude you from my post in Dutch! I was in a very languagey mood that day and I felt the need to let out a bunch of Dutch to someone! Basically, I said what I had wrote in other posts about my birthday -- the restaurant, the amazing cake I had, that I felt more like 17 than 19. You didn't miss much, pea, but I feel bad that I left you out!!

I’m just the virgin sitting in the corner with her knitting…! I just about fell off my chair laughing when I read that! You're so clever with humor. I don't doubt the helpfulness of your advice, though, because you don't have to be a non-virgin to understand what I'm talking about when I speak of Grant. It kind of reminds me of what I told you once -- that you didn't have to get yourself worked up over your intense feelings for your friends and call it a crush, but rather, just strong appreciation. I can't even follow my own advice, huh?!

Let's see, in your package I included a massive, messy, artistic letter, some top-notch decos, a list of alternative rap music you could check out...hmm...I think maybe some photos...mainly it was my letter. I wrote so much, told you so many things, asked a bunch of questions I was dying to know answers to, all that jazz. I'm so furious at whoever handled that package for losing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, now, Zib, don't have a fit -- *Wink* -- the photo that Ilona was talking about is the same one you have, my senior picture. The black and white one, you know? I don't have any new pictures of me but I swear, I definitely will take some when I get home! That's a promise! You know, I wanted more photos of you, too, but I didn't want to sound pushy! I'd be thrilled to the toes if you sent me pictures galore, of whatever! (That goes for Ellie, Fea, and Loon, too!)

Oh my gosh! I hadn't even thought that the SM might not like us talking about copying CDs. Wow, there was a fear that Wiki might get shut down because of a page about the topic? I had no idea that it was risky. Thanks for imforming us, Zib!

Whoooaa, Sunshine sounds massively cool and hip! Totally tubular man. I'm so going to check it out! Is RM the one you said has an imagination that's out of this world?

Tuesday the 25th...ok dokey, that's easy to remember: that's my 2-year anniversary with Nathan! Cool. Send postcards! I'll be dying to know all about it.

Didn't you go to Kansas last year or something? There's like this whole mystery trip that you guys took and I never heard about it. I know you said, "Kansas was great" but I don't know anything other than that. Where did you go??

What's your crammed schedule between now and then? Is it cool stuff like,

NBTSC party
Fly to the moon
Knit 5 sweaters
Learn to fly a jet

Or stuff like,

Clean house
Prepare 5-course meal every night
Train for 26-mile marathon
Finish novel in 5 days

?

Sorry for my absurd questions! I'm feeling silly, and goooood! I go home next Saturday, we're cleaning house like frenzied squirrels, I have so much to pack that the dread of doing so is making me energized, I plan on going to Holland and England sometime soon, and, yeah!

Thank you so very very very much for the mass reply, Zib!
MESSAGE THREAD
Mass reply! · 05-15-04 7:30pm
by Alex Elizabeth
*Star* Re: Mass reply! · 05-16-04 3:46pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Mass reply! · 05-17-04 10:38pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Mass reply! · 05-18-04 2:32pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mass reply! · 05-20-04 7:39pm
by Amber is excited
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mass reply! · 05-20-04 9:53pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Mass reply! · 05-18-04 8:05am
by Amber is excited
Re: Re: Mass reply! · 05-18-04 3:01pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/866106