*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Neighbor Betty
  2. Betty
  3. Bill the Disbeliever
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/100157-Bermuda-Grass/cid/32666-Neighbor-Betty
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #100157
Bill wakes up one day to find that the grass in his yard has grown to about ten feet..
This choice: "HELP!!!"  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Neighbor Betty

    by: Zoo - Salted and Roasted
Betty was his neighbor that lived sort of behind him. Her yard was the most lavishly landscaped in the whole neighborhood. Anyone that knew Betty, knew she meant business when it came to gardening. She really, truly had what people call a green thumb. Bill took the opportunity to solicit her help.

"Help me Betty." he said pitifully into the phone. " If anyone can get me out of this, you can.."

"Bill why don't you just cut the grass?" she asked. She was sitting in her kitchen, pouring plant fertilizer into a little row of ten tiny plastic pots filled with dirt. She carefully measured just the right amount into a tablespoon and poured it in each one.

" Betty, " Bill said desperately, "this grass grew overnight...."

"Uhmm hmmm." Betty said, absorbed in her work. She double checked the active ingredients in the fertilizer before continuing.

"Betty?" Bill repeated himself, "Did you here me? It grew overnight!"

"I heard you Bill." Betty said frowning slightly.

" You don't believe me either."

"Bill. It's not that I don't believe you. But overnight? Come on."

" Never mind then, Betty. I'll figure something out."

"Hang on there, Bill." Betty took off her glasses and set down her plastic pots and her fertilizer bag. "Why don't I come over and have a closer look?"

"Sure it's not too much trouble?" Bill brightened up a bit. "I know you're probably getting ready for the garden show this month....it could wait."

Betty checked her watch and said, "Not a problem, Bill. I'll be right over."

"Thanks. Bye"

You have the following choices:

1. continue

*Noteb*
2. continue

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Zoo - Salted and Roasted (UN: msalvo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zoo - Salted and Roasted has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/100157-Bermuda-Grass/cid/32666-Neighbor-Betty