*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1363002-The-Fattest-Town/cid/476499-A-Bite-to-Eat-at-The-Regular
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1363002
Your a reporter investigating South Barkalow, a town with a 98% obesity rate.
This choice: 2  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A Bite to Eat at "The Regular"

    by: boywithpen
The interview ended soon after that and Lisa left the bus depot to see the apartment she was going to stay in. It was around 1 o’clock and before Lisa arrived at the apartment she had to grab a bite to eat, Gus wasn’t the only one who was hungry for a lunch time snack.

The large town was bright and bustling with the residences roaming about. Each one fatter than the next, she planned to interview many of them, including that 2% of residence that wasn’t overweight, but for now it was lunch time. Every street was packed with a multitude of different places to stuff your face. The extra wide sidewalks and streets housed every type of restaurant you could imagine. It seemed that there were no other stores, only restaurants.

Formal restaurants, Italian bistros, Chinese, Korean, cafes, diners, and of course an absolute overload of fast food places. No wonder this town got so fat, but where these built before or after the residences started fattening up? That was a question the mayor would certainly have an answer for. Lisa traveled through a couple of blocks, just looking at all the people and places but soon enough she wandered into a small 24 hour diner called simply “The Regular”, it was just 2 blocks from her hotel.

The diner was a small, square blue building that stood between a huge supermarket that looked like a warehouse and a custom car dealership, defiantly out of place and dwarfed by the two buildings at its side. Lisa walked in casually, but before she even sat at a table she was attracting quite a few frowns from the customers. It seems as if anyone skinny was thought to be a tourist, and no one seemed to like tourists here.

Lisa was seated at a table far from any windows, or booths, the waitress led her to a two seat table in the center of everything. Most of the other heavy-set customers were in extra-wide booths on the sides of the diner. Lisa’s chair was thin and non-reinforced, like usual, it was as if this town was segregated between the fats and thins. Lisa could only imagine arriving at a fancy restaurant and the waiter asking you for fat or non-fat as opposed to smoking or non-smoking.

Despite the customers unified displeasure the waitress was very pleasant with Lisa. The waitress was a huge middle-aged woman, who was not only fat but also very tall. She looked to be about 6 foot and over 450 pounds, she carried a lot in her thighs but the rows of tables were extra wide, posing no obstacle. “Hello, I’m Sally and I’ll be your server today.” Lisa continued to look at the menu. “So dear, what can I get you to drink?” Her voice was quite and soft despite her largely daunting size.

1. "I'll have a milkshake please!"
2. Lisa curiously looked at the drinks on the Specialty Page. "Why do they call this drink 'A Meal in a Mug'?"
3. "I'm fine, just a glass of water will do."

You have the following choices:

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 boywithpen (UN: boywithpen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
boywithpen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1363002-The-Fattest-Town/cid/476499-A-Bite-to-Eat-at-The-Regular