*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1503197-Planet-of-the-Giants/cid/618407-Enter-the-swimming-team
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1503197
Your crew gets stuck on a planet of giants. How do you survive?
This choice: swimming  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Enter the swimming team...

    by: Helping Hand
Your craft continues its plunge through the atmosphere - as a relatively small scout ship it doesn't have the engines or power to cope with the thick atmosphere and powerful crosswinds of this mysterious planet. The rest of the crew quickly straps themselves in and prepares for the inevitable crash landing while you and your co-pilot battle valiantly with the controls. The landscape below is a blur of colours and you start praying that you can find a relatively open area. Unfortunately, this hope is almost immediately dashed as a vast shape suddenly looms up in front of the ship: it appears to be an immense structure of some kind and there seems little chance of avoiding it. At the last moment you see what appears to be an opening and you yank hard on the controls in an attempt to guide the ship safely through it. There's a shattering sound and your last thought is that there must have been some kind of barrier across the opening...

You awaken a couple of moments later to a strange rocking motion. An unexpected splash of cold water brings you back to your senses: the ship must have crash-landed in a lake or sea and water is starting to enter the damaged hull. You shake your co-pilot roughly awake and then yell at the rest of the crew to start evacuating the craft: you probably only have a minute or two before it sinks! Fortunately there is an inflatable life-raft among the supplies so you blow the emergency bolts on the airlock, toss the raft outside and then you and the others plunge into the water and start swimming away from the stricken craft before the suction pulls you into the depths along with it.

With the ship now consigned to the depths you've pretty much lost everything apart from the life-raft and a couple of backpacks with some tools, rations, a radio, and a beacon. Even though it seems highly unlikely you'll be able to make contact with anybody who could help you four of the crew clamber into the raft and start tinkering with the equipment. Meanwhile you and the others swim a little further away, trying to get a look at your surroundings.

You've ended up in a fairly large body of water, but it seems to be enclosed within some kind of building. The scale is immense - you guess you must be inside that massive structure you saw before you crashed - and you can see daylight streaming in through several openings in the far distance and high above. The lake itself - if that is what it is - seems to be surrounded on every side by high walls, without any kind of shoreline. You can't see these barriers clearly as you are too far away (you seem to be pretty much in the center of the lake), but even from this distance it is clear that you have little chance of being able to climb them. That could be a real problem. Apart from everything else even the water doesn't feel quite right: it seems thicker and heavier than you'd expect with quite sizeable waves. You risk a small mouthful and spit it out in disgust due to an unpleasant chemical taste - it isn't saltwater but you certainly won't be using this for drinking!

Suddenly, there's a violent crash in the distance and a thundering sound that quickly resolves itself into a commotion of deafeningly loud shouts and cries. All of you turn round and watch in horror as a group of COLOSSAL TITANS strides through a towering gateway in one of the distant walls. You're not sure which is more shocking: the fact that they look exactly like humans, or the fact that they are unbelievably and terrifyingly huge! They're so huge, in fact, that you guess that you and your crew are certainly no more than half an inch tall by comparison. The titans are naked, apart from what appear to be tight speedos, and their sheer size only serves to emphasize their well-defined muscles and other... bulges. A suspicion quickly starts to grow in your mind: despite their immense scale they somehow look exactly like an ordinary college swimming team from Earth, which means that this must be... their swimming pool! You've crashed on a world of giants and are now little more than helpless toys bobbing up and down in the middle of a vast pool! At any moment the giant swimmers are likely to catch sight of you and your crew and then the fun will really begin...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The team notices a tiny raft floating in the pool...

2. They don't notice you and jump in to begin training

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Helping Hand (UN: oslahin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Deanthrocyte1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1503197-Planet-of-the-Giants/cid/618407-Enter-the-swimming-team