*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1198276-Continuing-truth-or-dare
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Continuing truth or dare.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #18

Continuing truth or dare.

    by: Wordsmitty ✍️
It takes you several minutes to get yourself back together, and Caleb just leaves you quiet as he looks at the Libras. Finally you take up the blank and walk back to the Cassie golem.

"Now we see if she remembers - using the blank," you tell Caleb with that addition to keep the conversation short this time. As you put the blank back on her, you ask, "Understand the process now?"

Caleb nods as Cassie comes back to life. She blinks and looks around before speaking.

"Did you do some sort of hypnosis? I know I was standing over there when you touched my forehead and now I'm over here."

Again avoiding that question, "So you don't remember anything?" you ask her.

She pauses then says, "No." Her look of puzzlement and then straightening her clothes leads to her going wide eyed and blurting out, "Are you two having me strip and do things? Damn it, Will I like and trusted you. I didn't know you were some kind of pervert. Lisa said you could be a bit annoying, but I never ..."

"No. Cassie, no. I'd, ... we'd never do anything like that. Just relax. You have to believe me. Just tell me the truth, only the truth. I want you to tell me the truth. Why did you come here tonight?"

Cassie looks at you still very agitated but with a strange gaze as if conflicted in what you're asking. She pauses then lets out a big sigh before speaking a bit uncomfortably.

"I believe you, Will, and in all truth, I don't remember anything from when you touched my forehead until just then. I came because you asked for help. You know me, always-helpful Cassie." She blushes and you can tell she's avoiding a direct answer.

"So it wasn't just for Lisa who convinced you to help because she was busy?"

She gives you a quizzical squint obviously thinking about the question, why you're asking, and how to answer.

"Well, that was part of it," she says a bit shy but then fires back. "So, what happened? Tell me the truth now."

You and Caleb trade glances as you can't think what to say. Fortunately, Caleb ad libs.

"You're right. We had you act like Jeremy Richards as a test of the project."

"But it's different from hypnosis," you throw out. "This is a scientific magic thing with some of the translation stuff we've discovered. That's our project. Masks and flames and stuff." More calmly you then continue, "I'm sorry that we didn't explain it all, but it's something we don't want anyone else to find out. Our little secret." You're as soothing and sincere as you can be walking to her as you speak with a kind smile and taking her hand, always looking her in the eye.

Your guilt is coming back strong as you half lie to her and avoid as much of the real truth as you can. This obviously was a bad idea and maybe your best bet would be to put her mask - the sealed mask of Cassie - on her instead of the blank, that way you know you can control her from telling anyone or possibly having you arrested. Maybe making her a true slave would be more convenient for everyone.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. A helpful, compliant slave.

2. A gamble and the next spell.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wordsmitty ✍️ (UN: wordsmitty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1198276-Continuing-truth-or-dare