*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Other Teams
  2. Nine Girls Out
  3. A Team Play
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/3090425-The-Other-Teams
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Soccer or lacrosse  •  Go Back...
Chapter #39

The Other Teams

    by: rugal b.
"A lacrosse team? Really? you ask in surprise. "I barely even knew we had a guys' lacrosse team much less a girls' one."

Sydney giggles at that. "They fly under the radar don't they?" she replies. "But I share some classes with a few and I'll see them around lunch. I think Maggie's friends with some of them too. I could probably get us one if that's the direction you wanted to move."

"Are they hot?" you find yourself blurting out. Quickly you groan and bury your head in your hands. "Just forget I asked that," you mutter.

But you look up to see Sydney grinning at you like the Cheshire Cat. "Is that what you're so concerned about? How attractive the girls are?" she teases. "Am I not hot enough for you, Will?"

"I said forget it!" you exclaim while Sydney goes into full blown laughter. "Okay, so what if I'm concerned about their looks? If we're going to be them then wouldn't we want to be attractive?"

"Will, it's fine," Sydney says once she stops laughing, "and you know what? I agree with you. I mean if we really wanted to fly under the radar then we could be, like, Lotte Linde and Abby Derr and those girls but I don't think you want that do you?"

You're silent for a moment and then sigh. You'd say that Sydney can read you well but that question you'd thrown out gave the game away. "Yeah, and part of this is improving our position right?" you ask.

"Improving your position," she corrects you. "I'm doing pretty well for myself if I may be so humble. You're the one who probably needs the bump more than me." She leans over, grabs your arm and strokes it. "That said I do kind of like the lacrosse team as a base. Your position would be improved but we'd still be able to fly under the radar. That means we can do our thing with less chance of catching attention that we might not want."

You grunt at that. "Maybe, but I'd still like to know more about them," you say. "Do you have any?"

"Ah, yeah I can find something." Sydney takes her phone and you see her tap, swipe and type and eventually she seems to find something. She then takes her phone and hands it to you. It's from the school's site and looks like a promotional photo of the team. "I've got eighth with her," she says as she points out one girl, "third with her, sixth with that girl right there and I've hung out with her through Maggie."

They're nice enough looking girls for the most part and you feel like you might have seen one or two of them in your classes. But they're nobody you can name and so you can only conclude that none of them leave much of an impression. "What about the soccer team?" you ask. "I think I have a few of them in my classes but I don't really know much about them."

"I've got a few of those girls in my classes too," she replies. "I've heard some things too. Apparently the team is split into two camps between Anita Nuevo and Hannah Westrick. Hannah wants the captain spot and Hannah pisses off Anita but right now it's kind of a cold war between them. I don't know who all falls where though, that's really about all I know."

"So if we went with them then we'd have to deal with that," you mutter unenthusiastically.

"Wouldn't that be fun though?" Sydney asks excitedly. "Like if one of us was Anita and the other was Hannah and publicly we're feuding but then we secretly get together to learn about Baphomet and research magic and the book? Or we can just take the other girls and subvert both of them. I think there's a JV team we could work into things too."

"Would that really work?" you ask.

"I don't see why not," says Sydney. "I mean as long as we're controlling everything then how many issues could there be? But we could always split the difference too. We take half the membership from the lacrosse team, half from the soccer team."

"That'd be, what, five each? We need ten members right?"

"Yeah, sure," she answers. "Anyway I could take the soccer girls and you take lacrosse or I'll take the lacrosse team and you have the soccer team. Or we could just pick and choose from each team. If you wanted to split things between the two of course."

You have the following choices:

1. Lacrosse

*Noteb*
2. Soccer

*Noteb*
3. Go half and half

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/3090425-The-Other-Teams