*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. One Step Below
  2. Choosing Cinderella
  3. The Advisor
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/3484941-One-Step-Below
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: The second tier girls  •  Go Back...
Chapter #15

One Step Below

    by: rugal b.
The second tier girls. You figure you know what that means but you take a look at the introduction that Deanna wrought all the same. These are girls, so she writes, who are just below that upper strata of popularity or who might seem a little lower but have the potential to break out. Girls who wield considerable social cachet in their own right even if they're below a Chelsea Cooper or Kelsey Blankenship.

So who are these girls, anyway? Deanna, helpfully, has some profiles written up on them with links to their social media so you take the time to start browsing and reading. The first person makes you want to smack your head because she's such an obvious no brainer. A sexy, full-figured no brainer with dark hair, large breasts, a plump ass, and thighs that look as soft and thick as pillows.

Victoria Rodriguez probably needs no introduction but I'll write about her for you all the same. She's hot, all the guys totally drool when you mention her name. She's got her own little gang of lackeys as well and enough attitude that she's not going to take much guff from anyone. But that's probably why she's not at the tippy top of the social hierarchy. Too much attitude and too much of a threat to Chelsea and the others so while they can't ruin her, they can do everything they can to keep her from rising any higher.

Of course, that's a problem and you'd admittedly be iffy about the fact she has a boyfriend with whom she seems very close. But Victoria wields power and is a babe besides so she's still an enticing choice.

The next girl Deanna has on the list is a girl who's cute but in a very unassuming way. She's got brown hair that falls in a tastefully messy style down to her neck, her face has a smattering of light freckles, and her eyes are large and, like her hair, a dark brown. Her most striking feature, though, is her lips which are large, plump, and look soft and inviting.

This is Melissa Adams and I think she's actually a pretty good little get. She's not really a big name in any one group but she fits in with, like, all of them. She's like a chameleon or something. She's really good friends with Mindy McAdams and I see her hang out a lot with Cassie Harper as well but I see her in all kinds of places. I think she hangs out a lot with the bohemian crowd too? It's almost like, you turn around and there she is and you never realize she's with this or that group until she is. Like a ninja lol!

The mention of Cassie does trigger something and now that you think about it, she's in your eighth period class and you have seen her and Cassie talking a lot. So you make note of her because someone like that, who can seemingly flit in and out of any social group at will, is bound to be useful.

The next name you look at almost causes you to double take because you certainly wouldn't have expected to see Brianna Kirschke's name on her. Not that you know her all that well but you're passingly familiar with her and you know her simply as a band girl that doesn't seem to be all that above you or your friends. So you wonder what Deanna's reasoning is.

Surprised, aren't you? I kind of surprised myself with this pick too but I thought about it and it actually makes total sense! Brianna's in the marching band and she's kind of like the centerpiece of a large group. I don't think she's the "leader" or whatever but she kind of seems like the glue that holds everything together. I think if she tried to put herself out there more she could definitely be more popular than she is. Also, her family runs a bakery so hey, free food! Everybody loves muffins, right?

Having read that, her logic for including Brianna definitely makes sense and since the point of this is to be a bit under the radar, then she certainly fits the bill better than almost anyone. So you keep her name in mind as a strong possibility.

There's another surprising girl on the list, although unlike Brianna you're not familiar with her at all. She's a girl with some meat on her but she's certainly not bad looking either. She's no bigger than Victoria and though she's not as shapely she certainly wears it well. Her face is cute, you decide, in an attainable way and her wavy hair, a mix of what looks to be natural dark brown and a striking dyed turquoise, certainly stands out.

It's a body you wouldn't mind having, truth be told.

Janelle Pelletier is a name that's big with all the artsy fartsy types. She's in the drama program and I hear that she's really well regarded by everyone involved in it. I guess she mostly writes stuff but apparently she's decent enough when she has to be on stage too. Apparently, Wilkes is letting her write this big play that the theater kids are going to be putting on near the end of the school year and it's the first time he's ever done that so it's a really big deal and people outside of that circle are starting to take notice of her. She does come with a boyfriend though in Felix Padilla who's also involved with the theater. Maybe he's her muse?

It's surprising but like all of Deanna's other suggestions you can't say that it doesn't make sense once you've read her notes. Janelle seems to be someone on the rise and would also be your ticket into the bohemian world.

The last girl on the list leaves you feeling rather blank. She is very bland and there is no personality in her face. As you study her picture, you find yourself composing a police description: Candidate is five-foot-six with brown, wide-set eyes, fair complexion, and long, dark-blonde hair, parted in the middle, that falls in loose waves to her waist. Neck is long and graceful, boobs are on the small side. Candidate is either stoned, bored, distracted, or is actually a very life-like mannequin. But what does Deanna have to say?

This is Catherine Greathouse, she isn't really active in any clubs or extra-curricular activities but she's really popular and part of a big group that she basically runs. I get a lot of news from her, and she's kind of a taste-maker in her group, and she's one of the girls at school who's really important at deciding who is and isn't cool because she sets standards for a lot of people. She off-and-on dates Adam Dortch and hangs out with his friends like Ben Gunnison, Chase Hoffmeister, Devin Foster and Landon Foley. Her girlfriends are like Christine Coolidge, Jamie Bornholm, Madison Fortney, Emmy Keller, Mandy Tiller, and girls like that.

Almost none of these names mean anything to you, except that you know that Christine and Jamie are on the swim team. So you can't tell if Catherine is exactly who you are looking for—a girl that can run things even though no one (like yourself) has heard of her—or if she is another Kelsey Blankenship, and you just happen to have overlooked her your entire high school life.

So that's it. Five girls who, in Deanna's mind at least, could all definitely be more than they are and yet in some respects are also easy to overlook; a potential best of both worlds scenario. But who will be the best of the best of both worlds?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Victoria Rodriguez

*Noteb*
2. Melissa Adams

*Noteb*
3. Brianna Kirschke

*Noteb*
4. Janelle Pelletier

*Noteb*
5. Catherine Greathouse

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/3484941-One-Step-Below