*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Make a Kim mask
  2. Let it go.
  3. Take Eva's place.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/998534-Make-a-Kim-mask
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Make a Kim mask  •  Go Back...
Chapter #17

Make a Kim mask

    by: rugal b.
"So, you figure out who it's gonna be?" Caleb asks as he finishes up a mind band. It's about an hour later and you've just finished up modifying the Jeremy mask yourself.

"Yeah, I think so." you nod as you look over the mask. "When do you think it'll be done?" you ask.

"The mask?" asks Caleb as he looks up at you, "I dunno, I had both golems working on two of them until you came in and took th Jeremy mask off of one of them." he looks a bit annoyed when he says that. "The one that's actually getting worked on though... maybe tomorrow morning before school hopefully."

"Great!" you exclaim, "Means I can probably call her up tonight or something and tell her to meet me here tomorrow."

"Whoa, wait." Caleb says as he stops working, "You're bringing someone DOWN HERE? Are you nuts?!"

You smirk and brush off his worries. "Look, I bring them down here, copy their image on the blank mask, throw on a memory band, solder it onto the mask, throw the Jeremy mask on, then take their place. It's simple."

"Simple. Really." is all Caleb says in response.

You roll your eyes, "Look, getting the band on the mask isn't hard, you know that. Just involves holding it on and chanting the words and the magic does the rest. Anyway, I figure I keep them down here working on a mask and send my golem and the Eva golem to school."

Caleb grunts and you can tell he's not exactly down with your plan but he doesn't actually say anything to protest it. "Anyway, who is it?" he asks.

"Who's what? Oh..." you say, then smile. "You'll find that out tomorrow."

* * * * *


It's later in the evening and you've decided to call up Kim in order to hang out. You figure it's best to build up some kind of rapport between her and Eva so she's more inclined to listen to you when you tell her to meet you at the elementary school. So now here you are at the mall with her, hanging out at the food court after doing a bit of window shopping.

"Hey, so, thanks for hanging out with me." you say inbetween a few french fries.

"Oh, no problem." Kim replies smiling, "You just really seem like you needed someone to actually listen to you and I figure why not me? I mean, I sort of took the student council position to help the students right?"

"So that means playing the role of therapist too?" you ask.

Kim makes a face, "I'm not trying to be a therapist, just a friend. You kind of need it right now I think." she says.

"Look, I know what you're getting at." you say with a scowl, "And I told you earlier, I'm not talking about it. I'll work it out on my own."

"What? But I wasn't..." she starts, "Well, I'll try to avoid bringing it up."

"Good." you state, "So what about you? What's going on in the world of Kim Walsh?"

"Oh, well... nothing exciting unfortunately." she winces, "Just trying to keep my grades up you know? I'm also trying to come up with some extracurricular activities we can do. Reading to children or something. It's stuff that will make our school look better and look good on college applications."

"Well..." you begin with a knowing smirk, "I was thinking more your personal life. Do you have a boyfriend? Or is there even anybody you like?" you ask.

You can see a bit of a dejected look on her face before she shakes her head. "No, I don't have a boyfriend. I mean, I guess there are some people I like but I don't..." she pauses and you can tell by her tone and expression that whatever she's going to say isn't going to be the truth, "I don't have the time."

"But you do like someone." you say, "So who is it? Anyone I know?"

Kim shakes her head. "No, he goes to Eastman. His name's Geoff Dunholm."

"Damn, Eastman huh?" you say with your eyes widening in surprise. "How do you know him?"

"He's a member of their debate team so they've come over here to go against our team a few times." she explains, "I've met him a couple of times and he's just... he's very nice. And cute." You can see her blush at that and you smile, your opening has just presented itself.

"Well hey, meet me at that abandoned elementary school tomorrow morning before school starts." you state, "There's a basement there that's really hidden and this kind of stuff, romantic stuff, this should be private."

"What do you mean?" Kim asks.

"Well," you flash her a warm smile, "I want to help you out. Jessica and I store some stuff down there that'd probably be useful so I want to go over some stuff before school."

With a bit of persuasion, Kim agrees to meet you at the school. You couldn't be any happier as your plan is going along perfectly. You're on a roll and it seems like nothing can really stop you.

* * * * *


After meeting her at the school, you lead her down into the basement while making idle small talk. You had arrived a little bit earlier to prepare: checking with the golem to make sure the new mask was ready as well as grabbing the mind band and seeing if the Jeremy mask was on the table where you left it. Everything was in place and as the two of you entered the basement, you pulled out the mind band and placed it on Kim's head.

As the magic did it's thing with the band, you removed the Eva mask. To your surprise, you don't pass out when removing it. You get woozy and have to brace yourself but you never actually black out. Perhaps you're getting used to the magic and the more you use it or longer you use it, the more used to it you get? Well it's unimportant right now, you have to make sure everything goes off without a hitch you think as you place the mask on the table.

You look back towards Kim and see the mind band reappearing on her head, her name etched into it now. You quickly remove it and before she has a chance to recover, you remove her glasses, grab the blank mask and place it on her face. As she lays there in that weird semi-unconscious state, you begin removing both your clothes as well as her's: a pair of dark blue jeans, wedge boots, a maroon blouse with a black belt around the stomach and her underwear.

As you finish this, the mask reappears, an image of Kim now appearing on it. Quickly you remove it, grab the first mask you feel off of the table and place it on her face. You then get to work, fusing the mind band to the new Kim Walsh mask with the right chant. Then, taking a breath you place it on your own face. Once more, you merely get woozy and lightheaded instead of actually passing out. As the changes finish, you then grab her clothes and put them on, finishing up with the glasses (as your eyesight definitely suffers without them now).

"Man, that was... intense." you say to yourself in your new voice. "It's gonna be so worth it though. Right Jeremy?" you ask, emphasizing the name.

You turn towards where the slave Jeremy should be and are greeted by the surprise of a lifetime. There, naked and staring out herself in amazement is Eva Garner! But wait, that means... "Oh shit." you say to yourself. When grabbing a mask, you weren't paying too much attention, you were too busy rushing to make sure everything got done in time. You must have grabbed the Eva mask by mistake and threw it on Kim.

As she checks herself out, unbelieving, she looks up and stars right at, well, herself. Her old self anyway. She gasps in surprise and then understanding seems to wash over her face. You come to a realization as well. The memories are in that mask, including things you've done as Eva so far. That means the fact you're the one who took Eva's money she knows. The shit Chelsea pulled. The fact you had sex with "Jeremy". The plan you discussed with Caleb...

She looks at you, her face in complete surprise and as she stares at her doppelganger, she says two simple words which send chills down your spine. "I know..."

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Quickly remove the mask

*Noteb*
2. Talk to Kim, she could be a useful ally

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/998534-Make-a-Kim-mask