*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1177047-The-Taking-of-Gordon-Black
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Girls (with a side of boys)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #20

The Taking of Gordon Black

    by: Seuzz
You hang out near the gym before class the next day, laughing and talking with a clutch of no-name girls until the doors fly open and with a burst of testosterone the ballplayers swagger out of morning practice. You catch Jeremy's eye, and he swings away to meet you; out of the corner of your eye, you notice both a couple of the other players giving you peculiar glances.

"What's up with Gordon and Steve," you quietly ask Jeremy as you lead him away. "They were giving me, like, the fish eye or something."

"Were they? I dunno." He glances over his shoulder. "You'd know better than me, but I sometimes have the impression I'm not supposed to be hanging out with you."

"How come? Oh, wait, never mind. We'll find out tonight. It's Gordon's turn to get a makeover. Think you can manage to get him alone?"

"Pfft," he sighs. "We don't hang out."

"Can you get him alone in the locker room?"

He grunts. "Too many guys going in and out, and it'd look gay if I asked him to meet me there."

"How about asking him out for a session of one-on-one? Ask him for, I dunno, tips or pointers?" The ghastly look Richards gives you is enough to tell you that won't work. "Don't you have any kind of connection with him?"

"Not really. When he's not a big group, I think he's just with Patterson and Lynch. Oh, and Chelsea, of course. Isn't she on your 'to fuck over' list?"

"Yeah, but we're working on boys first. None of your business. Look, think about it today, how you could get to him. It also has to be some way that it would make sense that Jessica or me is there too." He rolls his eyes. "Just think about it. For me." You rub his belt buckle with your fingertip.

"If you're adding boys, any chance you could add Seth?"

You look up in surprise. His eyes are dead, his gaze hooded. "How come? Need a friend or something?"

"Misery loves company."

* * * * *

"He was always kind of a drip," Jessica says in the library during second period when you recount the conversation. It's her study hall, and you're skipping AP Calculus to meet with her. "He'd bitch about anything. He'd bitch about the clouds when he was trying to get a tan and he'd bitch about the sun when it was too hot." She carefully applies another layer of fingernail polish and blows.

"You don't suppose it really is Jeremy, do you?" you ask cautiously. "I mean, not just a—" There are people around, including Carson Ioeger just a few table away, so you only mouth the world "golem." Jessica shrugs without looking up. "What was it like for you when you put on the mask we made of you?"

"I told you, I don't remember. I remember when the mask went on and when it came off. Nothing in between."

"So then it can't be Jeremy who's being a drip. It's the golem.

She shushes you to lower your voice. "They're the same," she murmurs.

Are they? you think. Is the golem really unhappy about being a golem? What is it like for them?

"You should have a better idea of that," Jessica tells you. "Eva spent a couple of days being a golem, same as Jeremy. Can you remember what it was like for her?"

You try with a frown, but you're searching for a feeling, and those don't make much of an impression. With a shrug, you end up telling Caleb that you're having a hard time remembering what it was like for someone else when it wasn't you being that person.

"I wish I had the same problem," she says as she frowns at the new shade of polish. "Right now, for instance, I'm having a real hard time not remembering the time I gave Adrian Semple a blow job. It feels exactly like something I really did do."

You gasp. "No way! You told me you just felt each other up!"

"I did," she murmurs. "I felt his cock up with my mouth."

"I wasn't out of the room for more than five minutes!"

She shrugs. "Shouldn't have dared me earlier that day. Anyway, I did it, though I didn't tell you I did it, because I didn't want you thinking your baby sister is a slut."

"You're twenty minutes older than me, and I already think you're a slut."

"Speaking of whom— Hey Kendra!" She smiles brilliantly as your fellow cheerleader as she goes waltzing in through the door.

* * * * *

"Here's what I came up with," Jeremy says. It's after practice, and he's still sweaty as he hunches over on the bleacher, his hands folded and elbows resting on his knees. He looks everywhere but at you and Jessica.

"I go see Gordon tonight," he says. He glances at you. "You're with me, but, I dunno, maybe you stay out in the car. Anyway, I ask him if I can talk to him. Alone, just for a bit, out in the yard. If there's no one with him, maybe you can get him in the dark."

You and Jessica look at each other. "Not much of a plan," she says. "Where will I be?"

"The fuck does that matter?" he says. "Can't your, uh, sister here slap him with a mask just as easily?"

She looks at you. "Can you get a mask off him and golemize it before he comes round again?" she asks skeptically.

"Maybe. Ack, but maybe not, especially in the dark."

"That's why I'm thinking I need to be there. Me, not Jessica," she adds. "I should be there with Jessica's mask already golemized so we can slap it directly on Gordon after we've copied him."

"But why do you have to be there?" you ask.

"Well, someone would need to play Gordon afterward. I thought he was going to be one of my puppets anyway."

"Puppet, not persona. Oh hell, why am I arguing? You can do what you like."

"Worried you're going to miss your baby sister?" she teases. You all turn as male voices start to echo loudly. Black himself and Patterson appear from the locker rooms, jeering each other.

The latter catches sight of your trio. "Hey Richards," he shouts. "Praying for a boner?" He leers at his teammate, who is still leaning over with his hands clasped. "If they don't give you one, you are queer."

Jessica turns back to you with a knowing expression. "You were gonna take a guy or two, right? Take Patterson and we can still be close. I bet he gives Gordon hand jobs when Chelsea isn't putting out."

* * * * *

It's impossible to see anything. The twilight has faded to nocturnal blackness, and the porch light is off. Only a dim glow from a distant street light illuminates the scene, and by it you can barely make out their movements as Richards and Black turn their heads this way and that.

"I should be out there," Caleb fumes. He is back to his old self, in his old clothes, crouched in the back seat of Richards' car. "He's gonna fuck it up. I should be out there."

"What would be your excuse, you and Richards coming to visit Gordon?"

"Then you should be out there."

"He said I was the excuse he'd give for being there. He wants to talk to Gordon about me, find out if people are talking smack about us. I can't be standing there next to him."

"Sure you could. You could be sniffing and crying and saying ugly things about Chelsea."

"Gordon can't be on the defensive— Is that the signal? No, he's still up. He can't be on the defensive or Jeremy won't be able to get the mask on him."

"He won't get it on him period," Caleb grumbles. "The original was a pussy and the duplicate is just as wet."

"Oh shut up. I think I'm love with him."

"Dude!"

"Just kidding!" You turn to waggle a finger at him, but he's hurled the door open and flung himself out.

"Dude, come on, that was the signal! He's down!"

You jump out to join him, and sure enough Gordon Black has slumped to the ground. You cluster around. "How long do we have?" Caleb asks.

"We never timed it, but there's a lot of meat to copy." Two hundred-plus pounds, at least. The seconds pass anxiously. Then with a dim glow the mask reappears. Caleb makes an exchange, and a few second later the small figure groans.

"What the--? Oh, hi sis, everyone. Where are we?" Jessica shifts. "It's all dark. Does this mean--" She paws at her t-shirt. "I'm wearing stinky workout clothes that are many many many sizes too big for me. Great. That means Gordon Black is somewhere near by."

"Come on, let's get you out of those," Caleb says, and he pulls her to her feet and over to the car, leaving you and Richards.

"So," you ask him, for lack of a better topic. "Was it hard?"

"Was what hard? Betraying my team captain to a couple of lowlife body-snatchers? Felt kind of good, actually. He was an asshole." He shrugs. "But he's got issues. Caleb'll figure that out soon enough."

"What kind of issues?" you ask, but Richards just maintains an inscrutable silence.

Twenty minutes pass before a tall, hulking figure looms back into view. "Yo, Richards, we done here?" Gordon Black asks.

"Sure, I guess, unless you wanna shoot the shit a little longer."

Black ignores him to turn to you.

"I'd like it if you moved too," he says. "My girlfriend's got a vacancy sign hanging over her head, you know. Patterson's also available. Hand jobs are welcome but not part of the job description."

* Take Patterson (non-canonical): "The Seduction of Steve Patterson

You have the following choices:

1. Take Chelsea

*Noteb*
2. Take Patterson

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1177047-The-Taking-of-Gordon-Black