*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1571542-Starfox-Weight-Gain/cid/1337425-Another-day-on-the-Job
by jeff
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1571542
Creatures of the Starfox universe start gaining weight!
This choice: "Yeah and I hope your mom has a big dinner planned!"  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Another day on the Job

    by: upanddown
Fox smiled a little at his son and then up at his wife. "Yeah and I hope your mom has a big dinner planned."

Krystal folded her arms and winked at him, her eyes seemed to say "challenge accepted." Marcus cheered and hugged his dad's head tight as Fox turned and smiled up at him.

"Alright little guy it's time for school, time to hop down." Fox chuckled as he hoisted Marcus off of his shoulders and rested him on the ground.

"And it's time for you to get to work, big guy." Krystal winked again and poked Fox's portly mid section. "Save room for dinner tonight, it's going to be extra special."

She turned around and held Marcus' hand as they both exited their home. Fox stared on Krystal the whole way out, he was starting to wonder if her sudden acceptance of his size was all that great. One thing was sure though, it was time for work. Fox yawned and checked his PDA, today was going to be busy.

Fridays always were.

He slid into his car, self consciously adjusting the seat backward to give his belly room. He knew it wasn't really THAT big yet, it wasn't touching the wheel or anything even when it wasn't adjusted. But it seemed to accentuate his girth just by seeming that much closer.

Fox was fortunate to have a relaxing drive to work every day, the shuttleport was just outside the city limits of Corneria City. Landing it not too far from the rural districts. Fox himself had become rather accustomed to the quiet of the country. There wasn't any loud neighbors, no robberies, and work was just around the corner. It reminded him somewhat of his bounty hunting days.

The vast quiet of space, save for the low hum of his arwing. Sometimes he'd fly out by himself as a way to get away from his teammates. He loved them like family, Slippy and Falco, but they really had a bad habit of arguing. Trying to keep one's cool as team leader was rough sometimes.

For the past five years he had not really seen much of Falco or Slippy, he had to actually think back to when he saw them last. It had to be on a chance visit when he was on his way to Fortuna with some adventurous tourists. They bumped into eachother at the shuttle port, Falco and Slippy had kept the team going as best they could. Recruiting two new kids ("man I am getting old") to help fill the spot of Fox.

Lucy Hare was one, she was Peppy's daughter, he remembered way back when he'd babysit her. She had to be almost 20 now. Then there was some other kid he didn't recognize, Dash Bowman. Fox was just starting to lose his figure around that time. It was back in the days of Medium shirts and 30 inch waist pants.

Suddenly Fox's PDA buzzed, he glanced down at it, he was getting a voice message. He checked the caller, "Jamie Salsberg." He rolled his eyes and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Mr. McCloud?" An unsure voice asked on the other line.

"Yeah its me, what's up?"

"We're having a little difficulty at the shuttleport, somebody's here and they say they know you?"

Fox sat still, thinking for a moment. He thought he heard a scream on the other end of the phone somewhere in the background.

"What was that?"

Jamie's voice started getting panicky. "Oh that! 'sjust Melissa, you know how she is with spiders and..."

"Who wants to see me?"

"Says they're an old bounty hunter friend, says they want to catch up on old times."

"Alright that's nice and all, any specifics?"

More panic.

"Want it to be a surprise..."

Fox was stopped his car for a moment, the shuttleport was coming into view. It looked dead silent. Which was beyond weird for a Friday morning.

"Jamie who is it?"

The line went dead.

"Dammit." Fox sighed and put his PDA back in his pocket and drove just a little closer to the airport. There really was no body at the entrance, cars were left vacant where they stood. Something was seriously wrong. With a gulp Fox pulled his car up near the edge of main entrance of the gate. Security was absent from their position.

The shuttleport was in real danger, real life danger, and the only person for miles was a portly out of shape former bounty hunter. His first response was to phone the police, he knew it would take a long time for them to get there, and whomever had taken on the entire Port without anyone alerting the police was some force of nature. Fox typed in a code on his glove compartment, with a small whoosh it opened, revealing his old blaster and some other important documents.

"Never thought I'd have to use this again." He muttered. He only kept it around for nostalgic purposes, and the possibility it might see some action one day. He hoped he wouldn't have to use it, but of course things never quite worked that way for him.

With a gulp he exited his car and kept his blaster holstered at his side. Slowly, and as stealthy as possible, he made his way up to the front of the airport. He knew walking right up to the front door would be a bad idea. There were security cams, and no cover. However there was a possibility. A staff-only area that included a lounge as well as a way to the security checkpoints. Metal detectors and other means to keep unsightly people onto the shuttles were there.

Of course they had always been lax on security, perhaps that proved to be their undoing.

Panting and keeping his head low, Fox quickly made his way to the staff-only door. He pulled out his keycard and slid it into a slot on the door's automated lock. It made a small beep, and the red light on the lock changed to green. He pushed the door open and walked, making sure to shut it quietly behind him.

Fox was sweaty, he hadn't run that far for that long for a long time. His heart was pounding and his belly was rising rapidly up and down. "Jeez I hope I don't die of a heartattack before I get there."

He kept low the whole time, listening for any signs of life at the doors along the hall. It was chillingly quiet. All he could hear was his taxed breathing and pounding heart. He opened one door and had to stifle a yelp. On the ground was a pile of dead security guards.

Who the hell did this? He almost didn't want to find out, but at the same time they wanted him personally.

With a gulp he made his way further down the hall. It took a moment to convince himself to open the door to the security check point, with a deep breath he pushed it open slowly and peeked out. Sitting at one of the metal detectors was Leon Powalski, smoking a cigarette, his blaster resting on the conveyor belt.

Fox needed to keep his element of surprise and there was no way he was getting out there quietly with his girth. Then again he might not have too...

~~

Leon jumped a little when he heard a loud click from across the room, his eyes shifted around and suddenly found an open door. It was the one that led to the staff only area. Where all the bodies of the supposedly dead security guards were. He could smell a trap, but he was conditioned to feel no pain. He half way enjoyed it as a matter of fact.

Whatever the lone security guard could do, without a weapon, was probably minimal. Though he loved to hunt, and he loved when his prey played rough.

With nimble legs he shuffled to the open door and peered inside. He heard a loud grunt and a tearing noise coming from the lounge. Smiling he raised his blaster to shoot and ran into the room. However as soon as he opened the door, a coffee pot was smashed over his head.

What would've knocked a normal person out only dazed Leon, he stumbled around a little pointing his gun wildly. Suddenly he felt a heavy weight push him to the ground and hold him there while he squirmed. A thick arm reached its way around his neck and held itself there. In a moments time Leon succumbed to a sleeper hold and passed out there on the floor.

Fox stood up and dusted his now ruined pants off. He turned his head around to get a good look at his back-side. His rump had burst the seam of his pants finally. With a blush and curse, he continued onwards. It was just a rip. As a matter of fact it made room for his "presence" as Krystal called it.

Just further along the security checkpoint was the flight desk. And who else was there but Wolf O'Donnel and Panther Caroso. With a sigh he held his back to a wall and weighed his options. He could get close enough to Panther and bash him over the head with a blunt object, and Wolf was right next to him.

However he had to be fast enough to disarm Wolf. He knew that Panther would go down easy, he always did.

"Doesn't make any sense...Just three guys did this?" He muttered.

Fox picked up a fire extinguisher and made his way closer to Panther and Wolf. The two were distracted, Panther had his gun pointed at Jamie, who was tied to his chair. Wolf was casually resting against the desk, with his gun holstered. Fox held his breath, he was just a few yards away. With a grunt he stood up and charged as fast as his fat body could go.

Panther didn't know what hit him, the fire extinguisher knocked him out cold. Fox turned towards Wolf, who was reaching for his blaster...

You have the following choices:

1. Fox disarms wolf and beats him in a hand to hand fight

*Noteb*
2. Fox is too slow, tired and is easily beat

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 upanddown (UN: meowface22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1571542-Starfox-Weight-Gain/cid/1337425-Another-day-on-the-Job