*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1621356-I-Know-That-Ghost/cid/2573571-Im-heading-out
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Ghost · #1621356
Someone you know gains the ability to possess others...
This choice: "I'm heading out"  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

"I'm heading out"

    by: Unknown
‘I’m heading out.’

The piece of toast Tim was raising to his mouth stopped halfway, then dropped to the plate.

‘You can’t go out,’ he said plaintively, ‘what if someone sees you?’

‘So, what if anyone does see me?’ replied Rebecca, now pulling tongues at her stolen reflection. ‘If anyone does see me, they’ll just think I’m Heather.’

‘Yes, and that’s the problem, isn’t it? What if Heather’s friends see you? You and Heather don’t exactly have the same personality.’

Rebecca snorted, ‘I’ll just say “mind your own business!” to them then and send them on their way.’

‘See, that’s exactly what I’m talking about!’ Tim said, exasperated. ‘Heather would never say that to her friends….to me or Claire, maybe, but never to her friends.’

Rebecca just waved a hand dismissively and bounced away up the stairs and into her own room, not Heathers. Tim reached for his piece of toast but he found that his appetite had completely vanished. He moved his chair back and stood at the bottom of the stairs, moving nervously from foot to foot. He had a feeling something really bad would happen if he let his mother leave the house in his sister’s body, but he couldn’t think of a way to stop her.

How could he possibly even attempt it? If he messed it up, she might throw a strop, then leave anyway, and then she’d be very difficult to find. Or, maybe even worse, she might possess Tim himself and go out in his body. He shuddered at the thought of his friends coming across him with his mother in his body, making him look like a weirdo. The other question was, the main question really, where was his mother even wanting to go? And what was she even wanting to do when she got there? His mind started to go into overdrive with worrying, verging into dirty, thoughts, so he shook his head and, a little faster than he meant to, he ran up the stairs.

‘Mum,’ he stood outside her door, he knocked, no reply. ‘Mum, maybe, it wouldn’t be so bad if you did go out if, you know, you tell me where you’re going, and I can tag along, you know, just to keep an eye on things.’

No reply, something light but heavy enough to make a noise, fell over in the room.

‘I mean, if it’s just to go to the mall, well, that should be fine. We might bump into Heather’s friends and that could turn out awkward, but if I’m with you, we could pass it off as a family outing or something.’

No reply.

Tim knocked on the door again.

‘Mum? You are definitely in there, aren’t you?’

No reply. His hand hovered over the door knob. He breathed out and put his hand down, twisted, and opened the door only to find….
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Donorface has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1621356-I-Know-That-Ghost/cid/2573571-Im-heading-out