*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. the beginning.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1792453-Instantaneous-Astral-Projection/cid/2593665-the-beginning
by djtx14
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1792453
You can kick people's souls out of their bodies. What's not to love about that?
Chapter #1

the beginning.

    by: djtx14
ERRRrrRRrRRrRRRRR ERRRrrRRrrrRRrRrrrRRRRR!!

*Travis quickly comes to as the school bell rings*

"And you see class, that is why astral projection is simply not real; it's just an extremely sensationalized story-telling device used in the movies now to entertain you kids. Oh and don't forget, your rough drafts of your research papers are due next week! Don't procrastinate, or you'll forever risk a passing grade!"

Travis couldn't care less about what Mr. Warnicke had to say, in fact, he couldn't care less about what a lot of people at North Jefferson High School had to say. All he cared about was that the school day was over, and he survived another week in spite of the seven agonizing hours a day of lecture. That last bell brought him bliss, as it meant he was no longer forced to sit around and be in the presence of douchey jocks, socially unaware nerds, and girls who're way too into themselves. See at North Jefferson High, there was seemingly no middle ground amongst the cliques; you have to fit in somewhere, except Travis didn't. He wasn't smart, wasn't athletic, wasn't rich, wasn't handsome, wasn't a lot of things, and that's the exact reason he hated school. He didn't hate the nerds because of what they were into; he hated them because he couldn't see himself hanging around them. He more so hated the fact that he could never bring himself to be a nerd, because that's just not who he was.

Travis is a bit of an interesting kid. Since he's a bit of an outcast, he spends lots of time at home, which in turn makes him a creature of habit. He wakes up at the same time every day, eats the same breakfast every day, goes to the same classes every day, and does the same thing every night: plays Fortnite duos with his only friend Diego until about 11, lies about being tired so he can log off, masturbates to pretty girls' Instagrams, surfs 4chan, and then actually falls asleep. It's an enjoyable life for a 17 year old, but it could use a little life. The only problem is that it's senior year and the friend groups are well-established. There's no shot he's getting invited to anywhere now since nobody really wants to adopt him into their group. Since college is right around the corner though Travis doesn't sweat it too much, and knows that in a few months he can finally seize the opportunity to make some friends.

"Hey Trav, you doing okay?"

"Uhh yeah, kind of just dozed off there for a second..." replied Travis, caught off guard by his friend Diego.

"Let's bounce already dude, I'm trying to get the fuck out of here as quick as we can. No reason to stick around," said Diego, clearly eager to go home.

"Couldn't have said it better myself man," as Travis daps up Deigo. "C'mon, I parked out the backside of school."

The two seniors walk through campus, watching all the different friend groups interact on this Friday afternoon.

"Broooo I wish we got that in to the party tonight!" said Diego. He was clearly in the loop more than Travis was. "Tori gonna be there which means Vanessa too which means we both could've gone to bone town!" he rambled.

"Oh yeah, cuz Tori and Vanessa know we even exist. C'mon dude, even if we did somehow get in, you know we wouldn't have even made eye contact with them let alone held a conversation" explained Travis.

"I mean shit, you right, but you ain't gotta bust my dreams like that!" replied Diego.

"Sorry man, I'm just trying to keep it real. Neither of us ever gonna be able to touch Tori or Vanessa. We just gotta wait till we find new babes in college."

"...yeah... I hope you're right" Diego muttered.

Travis unlocked the car and both boys got in, unaware that this would be the day that their lives would change forever...

While making the easy drive home, Travis ran into an unusual road closure that of course was normally never there. As he got closer and closer, he noticed the men standing by the cones pick them up, and wave the two through. Not thinking much of it, Travis proceeded his normal route, hitting nothing but green lights as there were seemingly no other cars in the vicinity.

"Look man! Maybe this is a sign! Nothing but green lights, no traffic! I'm telling you, We're gonna get into this par---" as Diego was cut off by a deafening crunch. The two boys were T-boned, but not by any ordinary car. It was a total set-up...

"Where am I..." Travis thought to himself as he awakened. "Jesus Christ my head hurts..." Just then he heard what sounded like a voice come on over a speaker in the room.

"Hello Mr. Brown and welcome to Dynamo Operations. Don't be alarmed. You are not dead. You are not even injured," the computerized, almost Siri-like voice said to him. "You and your friend are merely our subjects for experimentation. An experiment that may change the world was we know it."

"What the fuck you mean I'm not injured? Where's Diego!? Where am I!?" yelled Travis rather frantically.

Without even addressing his concerns, the computer responded. "Atop the desk you will notice a suit Mr. Brown. Please put the suit on and we can begin the Instantaneous Astral Projection Experiment."

Travis heard astral projection and his mood immediately changed from anger to one of bewilderment. He was an avid student of the topic, and tried with all his might to astral project, just to explore the possibilities, but come morning, nothing ever happened.

"Ha Ha, very funny," he said is disbelief, "I'm dreaming aren't I?"

"The system detects that the suit has not been removed from the desk. Please put the suit on and we can begin the Instantaneous Astral Projection Experiment" the speaker repeated.

"Ohohohoh okay, whatever you say Siri" he mocked.

Travis approached the desk and grabbed the folded suit from the desk. Upon first touching the suit he felt a static shock, but nothing more, and began to unravel it. To his surprise, the suit was very superhero looking, definitely not what he was expecting. It looked to be custom tailored, which drew even more curiosity out of him, and upon putting it on noticed that his observations were correct; the suit fit like a glove.

"Okay, what the hell kind of costume is this? I look like Danny Phantom!"

"Thank you Mr. Brown. We selected you out of thousands of subjects, and believe that you are the one who will best fulfill the suit's capabilities."

"Capabilities? What do you mean capabilities? Hey, what did you just say?" he tried to interject.

"What this IAP Suit will do is put your terrestrial body to sleep and awaken your astral one. Once you are in your ethereal form, the possibilities are endless. You will float through the world Mr. Brown, with the ability to go anywhere as anyone. Enjoy your time, your body will be safe in our facility for as long as you'd like us to house it. Farewell for now."

"Woah wait! What do you mean go anywhere as anyone? Like I can do some insidious shit and take over people's bodies? You're just gonna tell me some shit like that with no instructions? Da fuck kind of lab is this?"

With no response, Travis realized it was a lost cause. There was only one button on the suit so he decided to press it and see what happens. He felt a much stronger shock this time.

"SHIT!" he exclaimed. "Okay I guess this isn't a dream. WAIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT MY BODY!?" Travis peered down and saw his lifeless body now collapsed on the ground. "Wait, what the fuck? Is this shit for real?" The excitement in Travis hit a climax as all of his lifelong dreams had finally come true. He could finally astral project, meaning he could for once be free from his boring life.

"Where should I go from here?" He thought to himself.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 djtx14 (UN: djtx14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
djtx14 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1792453-Instantaneous-Astral-Projection/cid/2593665-the-beginning