*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Welcome to the Agency
  2. Decisions
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1850046-Night-Terror/cid/1282378-Welcome-to-the-Agency
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1850046
A strange and horrid creature stalks through the night. Can it be stopped?
This choice: U.I.A  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Welcome to the Agency

    by: Michael Jackson
The UIA, or Unconventional Investigation Agency, was formed on the second day of December 1902 under the orders of then commander in chief Theodore Roosevelt. It's duty was to investigate and dispose of any and all potential paranormal threats to the United States of America and its interests. Due to the delicate nature of their assignments they had free reign over their own assignments, as well as the funds allocated to them. However, after years of coming up empty they became the laughing stock of Agencies. As time passed funding was drastically cut to the agency and it became a sort of punishment and receptacle for the failures and screw ups of the other Agencies. It was a place where careers went to die. However, not all agents were saddened by the prospect, there were indeed some who willingly came to the agency. With images of the X-Files and the Men In Black running through their heads, they expected mystery and danger. Instead they got goose chases and paper work. Though this didn't sap the the fervor of all the Agents.

It does however have it's uses, such as being used as a training ground for newer Agents.

A new case however is blowing life back into the UIA. A strange rash of disappearances has broken out across the country, with young women disappearing without a trace. Originally it had been thought to be a serial killer, but it was all too sterile, too eerily clean. After the other agencies came up with nothing it was relegated to the UIA.

If the Agency could solve this they could be back on the map.
Pick an Agent.

Ayame Yamagata - A Female agent of the UIA, she is a first generation American born to strict Japanese parents. She excelled at her schooling and was ever at the top of her class, that is until she joined the FBI. Her petite stature led to trouble with the physical side of the job. Standing at five foot two inches, she couldn't restrain a prisoner. This became an issue when she was unable to detain a rogue agent. After that incident she was transferred to the UIA. It is a constant source of shame to the twenty two year old, and she has yet to tell her parents. This is only her third week with the UIA, and she is still having some issues adjusting.

Sophia Lefebvre - A french field agent on loan for a cooperative look into the disappearances. Not long before the string of disappearances in the United States, there was a similar case in France. The twenty one year old has a somewhat haughty attitude and is viewed as unprofessional by her American peers. She is under orders to investigate independently whenever possible so as to avoid a possible cover up by the UIA.

Martin Olson - Remember that mention about starry eyed recruits daydreaming of the X-Files and the Men In Black? Martin is one of them, though he has yet to lose his faith. Convinced that the Agency is simply keeping the truth under wraps from such a low level agent, Martin sees a conspiracy everywhere, and loves it. The six foot two sandy haired nerd is a real technophile and is super handy in a pinch. However, what he really wants is a field assignment. Will he get one though?

Edgar Smith - At forty three years old, Edgar is the oldest field agent working for the UIA. He is of African American descent. Standing six foot seven and with a thick frame, he is an intimidating figure. Though he was once a very nice guy, he has grown bitter over how he got to the UIA. A former body guard for the president he botched stopping an assassination attempt and allowed the president to be shot. Though the president lived, his career was ruined and he was packed away to the UIA for the rest of his career. He is easily the most experienced and professional of the field agents.

Katelyn Walsh - A rising star of sorts recruited directly into the agency by it's head herself. Though young at twenty three years old, and to the naked eye a harmless pretty young woman. She is quite capable of killing in cold blood, and breaking the will, as well as body, of any potential opponent. Her analytical skills are unmatched. She has been assigned to direct the field agents from HQ while heading a team attempting to break down the evidence and find out the cause of the disappearances.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Ayame Yamagata

2. Sophia Lefebrve

*Noteb*
3. Martin Olson

*Noteb*
4. Edgar Smith

*Noteb*
5. Katelyn Walsh

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Michael Jackson (UN: gooba11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michael Jackson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1850046-Night-Terror/cid/1282378-Welcome-to-the-Agency