*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The World
  2. Others
  3. You are a...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1561577-The-World
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1860225
Transformation in a world of wizardcraft and witchery
This choice: Other races  •  Go Back...
Chapter #6

The World

    by: Yote
I've yet to put down a general description of the world, so here goes. I should really draw a map. If anyone knows how to make a map, email me.

The World of [Insert name here] is a generic, vaguely medieval fantasy world of might and magic/swords and sorcery/dungeons and dragons. There are a shit load of races crammed onto just two continents, and unfortunately most of them are trying to kill each others.

Humanity, once top dog, is now somewhat on the back foot, having suffered a series of severe cataclysms in recent years and beset on all sides by Orcs, Elves, Demons, Dragons, Beastmen, and all the other races they've angered over the last 10,000 years.

The human Kingdom of Tryzantium sits in the very center of the main continent on lush, fertile land. Its capital city is Lightgarde, wrested from the elves six hundred years ago, which is of vital importance due to its coveted position atop a confluence of trade routes, leylines, wyrmholes, and underground caverns that lead deep into the earth. Though Lightgarde is sheltered from war, out on the edges of the Kingdom villages are subject to almost constant attack from the other races and the hostile wilderness that has been allowed to spread unchecked.
Tryzantium is defended by the wizards of the organization known as the Study of Magic, the holy armies of The Faith, local militia men and mercenary armies of all races.

To the north of Tryzantium are the northern wastelands, controlled by Orc warbands currently trying to repel/flee a demonic incursion.
To the north-east are the steppes, an area of wide open grassland populated by a nomadic race of horse-riding humans fighting all out war with centaur clans.
To the west are the Amazonians living in the shattered archipelago that was once the Kingdom of Horr. They are in constant war with the Orcs, who they are driven to wipe out utterly. Amazonian hunting parties frequently venture into Tryzantium, capturing human men that they then transform into Amazonians.
To the east, the human Hashaan dwell on the other side of a great mountain range known as the Rawridge Mountains. Their relatively peaceful society was recently shattered by an event known as the Great Shift, which upheaved their strict caste system. The mountains themselves are home to the Draconians and what remains of the Dwarves.
To the south is the vast, hot continent of Nagra, covered in arid plains and teaming jungles, home to the Nagrandii.
Dotted all over the place are the Elven Forests. Elves are generally isolationist and non-aggressive unless pushed, but have been becoming increasingly belligerent with the weakening of humanity.
Underneath all of this is the Underworld, a vast network of caverns and tunnels home to many undiscovered races. The Dwarves have recently been pushed out of their underground cities by the Vorelves, corrupted, carnivorous Elves.
Parallel to all of this is the Demon netherworld, a parasitic dimension sometimes referred to as Hell. Demons feed off the mortal races, and sow discord among them in the way a farmer sows oats.

Technology has remained at a vaguely medieval level for thousands of years thanks to a pervasive anti-technology field that blankets the entire world, causing the workings of advanced technology to malfunction and fade from memory. Certain areas have managed to advance to a level comparative to 21st century Earth however. Fashion design continues to invent, driven forward primarily by elven fashion scientists, and has long since discovered both the zipper and exciting underwear.

The world has three moons: A red one, a white, and a black one.

I need a cartographer.

You have the following choice:

1. The History of the World

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1561577-The-World