*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1872173-Revenge-of-the-Geek-Gal/cid/1399113-Up-Goes-Ruth
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1872173
Edna has been pushed around for too long. Revenge came in the form of a size device...
This choice: A couple dozen miles...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Up Goes Ruth

    by: Lelouch
Events unfolded so quickly Ruth was only vaguely aware of the situation. When she saw Edna pull out a gun she feared the worst but this was just...unexpected. Her friend has this device aimed not at her hated enemy, but her! Ruth wasn't even sure what it was doing. There were only two things she was aware of. One: She felt very strange. And Two: Everything seemed to get a lot smaller very fast. As she registered the fact that she was slowly growing Ruth realized what Edna said about the device being a size ray and it all clicked. But why her? Ruth was always there for Edna, so why was she using her for this? It didn't add up, but Ruth didn't have time to ponder the inner workings of her friend's machinations; her head just tapped the ceiling. "Ow!" The growing woman swung an expanding arm up to rub her scalp but it slammed right into Heather's face, knocking her over. In the seconds that had transpired Ruth's body was already fifteen feet tall and only growing faster. The confined space of the school halls couldn't hold in her figure anymore. With a crash a chunk of the ceiling gave way to Ruth's frame. Ruth looked down to her feet only to see Edna, now positioned on top of her shoe and still blasting her with this fiery grin.

It was odd that in this hectic situation Ruth suddenly realized she was wearing a plaid skirt and tried to cover herself futilely. Thankfully her clothes seemed to be growing along with her. But speaking of the growth, with the school being forced out of the way it continued to increase in pace. Several feet of ceiling continued to break until finally the growing girl's head popped into the open air, followed by the rest of her. In mere seconds the school only reached her waistline and dwindled further. Ruth's feet expanded, slowly crashing the land beneath her as the school started to get smaller all around her. The giantess shuddered when she felt a crunch under her right foot. Remembering where Heather was before all this, it didn't take long to realize what happened. With horror the giantess looked down and saw a good chunk of the school utterly devastated by her expansion. With each passing second more things were getting crushed and more people hurt to make way for the woman's body. Edna was now slightly bigger than her shoelaces. It crossed Ruth's mind she hopped onto her foot to avoid getting crushed; smart, but still horrific. Of course the little genius seemed to get impatient. Ruth spotted Edna making some sort of adjustment on her size ray without releasing the trigger. When Edna stopped tinkering the world only grew smaller from there. Until this point the growth was slowly accelerating, but now it was a sudden spurt that shot Ruth into the sky faster than she could process. People didn't even have time to register the school around them being demolished before they met their untimely demise underneath Ruth. The giantess peeked over and saw a majority of the building covered by her shoes, she had to be hundreds of feet tall by this point and even that quickly became too small as the next second added additional buildings to the destruction. Ruth grew her way into the streets and cars began to crash against her shoes.

"I gotta get away from here!"

To avoid hurting more people Ruth tried to take a step away but a house was right where her foot landed, it didn't even last a second. "No!" Ruth pulled her foot back and retracted it onto another pair of homes, her being big enough to cover two in one step. Getting increasingly upset, Ruth just hurried her way to the nearest sanctuary, a park that went on for a couple miles. At her size it only took ten steps to get there, unfortunately that still meant at least ten buildings were crushed in the process. But even as Ruth stopped she was horrified to see her feet were almost engulfing the park too! She retracted her head back up and saw now the whole town was smaller than her, buildings now not even at her ankles. While she was so desperately avoiding crushing stuff she had grown miles! And Edna wasn't stopping. But enough was enough, so Ruth did what she should've done in the first place. She knelt over and plucked her friend off of her shoe. "Stop Edna!" Her friend was practically a speck in the palm of her hand.

Edna did stop, "Why? You're so big, it's awesome!"

"You call this awesome?!" Ruth looked down at her feet and saw now a couple neighborhoods outside of her supposedly safe park were now gone too. "Do you have any idea how many people I must've hurt?"

"They deserve it for hurting people too! Besides look at you, you're like a Goddess!"

"But I didn't want to be like this! Why did you even fire me anyway!"

"I had to make sure this thing was safe, there was no telling if I fired it on me that I'd have-"

"You TESTED it on me?!" Ruth's voice was now full of anger.

Edna didn't seem to register this though, "Yeah but now we know it's safe. So now I can grow too. We can be Giants together!"
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Lelouch (UN: tinylelouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spiral-and-Twist has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1872173-Revenge-of-the-Geek-Gal/cid/1399113-Up-Goes-Ruth