*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Introduction
  2. more locations
  3. more locations
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1877454-Alien-Invasion/cid/1957245-Introduction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Runic
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1877454
An alien invasion, are you going to defend your homeland or are you the invader?
This choice: Forest  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Introduction

    by: Jay
It was a week into Exercise Kangaroo 2016, a new joint-military Exercise bringing countries such as the US, Philippines, Singapore and Britain. The point of this was to demonstrate the ability to co-operate with each other in a combat situation.

Private (PTE) John Porter was 19 years old, joined the Army as soon as he hit 17. John was assigned to B Company, 1st Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment. He was a good shot, all though his firearm was a standard EF88 Austeyr, he was capable of firing weapons such as the HK-417. John's company had returned from a simulated combat scenario against a USMC company. He, like everyone else, was knackered and went to sleep as soon as they could.

John was a typical Aussie bloke, he had light brown hair, blue eyes and was 6"2 with a muscular build. All his life he had wanted to be in the Army, after his father before him, and his father before him. In the middle of his sleep, he was woken by the Staff Sergeant, who went from room to room, waking everyone up and informing them on briefing in five minutes.

Like the rest of the young males in his room, he got up and threw on his boots, shirt and prepared his bed.
"Another night ops..." commented one of John's mates, Bryan Pearce. Bryan was a Lance Corporal, but was a chilled individual, and only wanted to be addressed as 'Lance Corporal' went a senior NCO or CO was present. He had ash blonde hair and brown eyes, with a prominent jaw. Bryan was around the same height and build as John.
"Not enough beauty sleep for ya'?" asked John with a grin on his face. Bryan smirked and jokingly told him to "bugger off".

After a briefing, the entirety of B Coy was in Bushmaster PMVs and moblised to react to an intrusion that was said to be within the training facility. All though the ammunition that was supplied were live rounds, the men of John's Squad spoke while riding in the Bushmaster, and came to their own conclusion that it was just an exercise.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Convoy arrives to its destination

*Noteb*
2. Convoy is intercepted/haults

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jay (UN: jman1998 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Runic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1877454-Alien-Invasion/cid/1957245-Introduction