*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Sweet Apple Acres
  2. Track Meet Training
  3. Pinkie
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1894017-MLP-FiM---High-School-Adventures/cid/1721257-Sweet-Apple-Acres
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Romance/Love · #1894017
You're a human student at a Ponyville high school. Interesting things are bound to happen.
This choice: Sweet Apple Acres  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Sweet Apple Acres

    by: philosophicalmind
You walk back to the road beside the school and glance both ways, not for any vehicles, but in contemplation of where to go next. Sweet Apple Acres is maybe a mile out to the south beyond the tree covered hills, the Carousel Boutique is all the way back on the southeast corner of Ponyville next to the park, and Fluttershy's place is even further east right on the edge of the Everfree.


Rarity is the nearest of your destinations, however the thought occurs to you that Rarity's second opinion shouldn't take too long even if you decide to chat, while on the other hand helping out with Fluttershy's animals could take quite a while.


"So, quick stop at Rarity's, then to Fluttershy's," you tell yourself as you set off to the south, not bothering to utter the, "but first..." in your tone. You're sure Apple Bloom would love to hang out somewhere other than the Apple family farm. She can go with you and see Sweetie Belle at Rarity's and she definitely likes animals like any other filly.


You take off with sprinting to make good time, humming a beat to keep pace.


In a few minutes you're vaulting over the white wooden rail fence that borders Sweet Apple Acres and running up to the farmhouse. Winona was the first to greet you with a series of excited barks while she ran circles around you. When you ignored her antics, she ran up to you and jumped up to place her paws on your waist.


"Hi Winona," you say, scratching her behind the ears. "You wouldn't happen to know where Applejack is, would you girl?"


The dog simply pants at you for a few silent seconds before getting off you and running towards the near orchard line. In answer to your question, Winona runs right up to the tall orange figure of Applejack among the trees, a bucket full of apples held against her hip. You smile and make your way over, Applejack noticing you shortly after Winona relays her excitement to the mare. She is wearing her signature cowgirl hat upon her golden mane, bangs swept to the side above her right eye while while the rest of her hair flows freely past her shoulders, unlike her tail which is held neatly together at the end with a red band. Today she wears a white t-shirt that hugs her curves and barely reaches her waist which sports a brass belt buckle adorning her tight three-quarter jeans.


“Hey there, partner!” says Applejack, taking a moment to wipe some sweat from her brow. “Ah Thought Ah heard Winona tellin’ me someone was comin’.” She leans down to give her dog a pat.


"Hi Applejack, how's it going?" you say, giving a smile.


"Well," Applejack grunts, bucking another three bucketfuls of apples out of a tree, "Ah'm mighty busy at the moment..." she goes on to kick the the tree next to her, stubborn thing only dropping half a bucketful.


"I can see that," you say halting in your advance, realizing Applejack didn't want to talk.


"Apple Bloom should be in her room. It'd be awfully kind of ya to watch her," she bucks another tree, wiping the sweat from her brow. "O' course, she could always spend time with her friends, so it's up to you."


"No, no," you respond, "I'd like to hang out with Apple Bloom. There's some cool stuff we could--"


"YEEHAW!" bellows the cowpony. Ignoring you, Applejack delivers a mighty roundhouse to the tree. The whole thing shakes violently as her hoof makes contact and all the apples come crashing down.


"...do in town... ." Applejack departs from view, Winona right at her tail. Clearly, AJ has no time for a friendly chat. "Well, I'd better get going; don't wanna keep the girls waiting," you say to yourself more than anyone else as you head for the farmhouse.


You wonder about Applejack. She usually took time to have a friendly word with her visitors and she brushed you off kind of quick this time. Maybe she's got a really big haul and is kinda stressed. You shrug as you open the door to the farmhouse.


"Hey Apple Bloom!" You call inside.


"Ah'll be right down!" comes an answer form upstairs. Moments later, a litter filly with red locks is bouncing down the stairs. "Hi, [your name], how's it goin'?" she asks.


"Doing great so far," you answer, "but I still have some things I have to take care do. Would it be alright if I took you into town with me?"


"Well sure, if ya get me home by supper. Where ya headed?"


"To Rarity's boutique."


"Alright! Sweetie Belle's gonna be there—let's go!" And with that, Apple Bloom races past you and out the door. You follow at a brisk pace, but she has quite the distance on you when she calls, "Race ya!"


Little twerp. "Challenge accepted!" And you run.

==========================================


Within the hour you and Apple Bloom plus one are on the road to Fluttershy's; Sweetie Belle was at the Carousel Boutique and decided to join the two of you. You are in the lead with the two filly's skipping behind you, a series of giggles growing in volume by the moment.


"What's so funny?" you demand, tilting you head back not bothering to turn.


"Oh nothing," replies Sweetie Belle, stifling a laugh.


"No, nothin' at all," snickers Apple Bloom, "Just thinkin' back to what hap'nd at Rarity's." You raise an inquisitive eyebrow and look at her.


Sweetie Belle adds, "You know, how she tried to dress you up as a girl."


"Oh great," you sigh, "you heard that?" It seemed that once you were done inspecting Rarity's most recent creations, she decided that one of them warranted a fit test...on you. It was only joke, but with Rarity's magic creating a floating ensemble barrage, her hijinks did not allow your dignity to escape unscathed.


"Heard it? We saw the whole thang," says Apple Bloom


"Think she might actually be trying to turn him into a girl?" Sweetie Belle jokes.


"Could be. You're practically one already by the way you were screamin' like a filly back there; 'Wha-, Rarity! Aah! Aaah!Aaaah! What are you doing?! Stop it! Stop it!' " she mimics mockingly with her high-pitched and girly caricature of your voice.


"Hey, I resent that!" You stop and turn around. "I do not scream like a filly! I'll have you know that I scream like a full grown mare." You cross you arms and plaster a smug smile on your face. The two filly's giggle at your self deprecation right as your phone starts ringing. You pull your phone out and are about to answer when you add, "And I would like to see what you would do if a corset was gonna crush you like a vice." You turn around and continue walking. "Hello?"


"Hi, [your name]," answered Twilight. "What was that about a corset?" Oops, had your phone on when you said that.


"Nothing, just one of Rarity's things. So what's up? We're basically right outside Fluttershy's house right now."


"Oh, really? Well, I was just calling to tell you that we got everything under control and that you didn't have to come over, if you didn't want to."


"Alright, cool," you say, happy that they got things done though irritated at this pointless and long journey. "So are you leaving right now?"


"Well, actually me and Fluttershy have got a fun game going on," Twilight said with enthusiasm. "You and the girls can still join us if you want."


"Okay," you agree. After all, it was either Fluttershy's or dink around town. A minute later you are on the doorstep and let yourself in. Fluttershy and Twilight are on the living room floor playing...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. a card game.

2. with dolls.

*Noteb*
3. with dolls.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 philosophicalmind (UN: bloodlust666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GWriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1894017-MLP-FiM---High-School-Adventures/cid/1721257-Sweet-Apple-Acres