*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Throne Room
  2. Answers
  3. Brother
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1905030-Hypergaia/cid/1475342-The-Throne-Room
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1905030
A world full of giant humans and advanced technology has been discovered. Another GT story
This choice: In a city suitable for millions of giants  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Throne Room

    by: The Black Mamba
You look around from the palm of the Oracle's hand. It seemed to be a super-sized city, making it easy for giants to live their lives. There was a futuristic look to the setting, with teleporters scattered to and fro, similar to the one you entered earlier. Skyscrapers stretched immeasurably tall, miles in the sky.

"We should hurry. The king's palace is nearby, by the way, I should ask, what's your name?" says the Oracle.

"Jacob Young. Why do you ask? And what king?"

She didn't answer. Again moving at incredible speed (at least to a mere human like you), she walked four blocks, passing by other giants. Some of them looked at her as if she was either important or beautiful. Others looked at you, wondering what a tiny man is doing in such a busy place. None of them stopped to ask questions. They all looked in a hurry.

The Oracle continued walking until she reached a massive, three-story building. (To you it was more like a hundred stories.) "We're here," she announced as she entered the front door, almost as tall as the building itself. She placed you behind your back, as if she were hiding you. Inside the building was a long, gray hallway, with an empty, gold throne on the top of a set of stairs at the end. Pictures of men in royal robes were placed all along the corridor, probably kings before the current one. A central section of the hallway split into a cross, with rooms by the ends. There was the same futuristic look to it, shiny yet advanced.

The only thing between you and the corridor itself were three guards. One of them stood forward and said, "Identification." The Oracle held out her hand and green fire danced on it. The guard in front said, "What business do you have today?"

"It's about the Great Prophecy," the Oracle said to him.

"I thought King Stefanos said he doesn't believe in that prophecy."

"I have evidence. Trust me." The Oracle fluttered her eyelashes.

The guard blinked twice and said, "I guess, since you're beau-- I mean, the Oracle after all. The king will be here shortly." The guards moved for the two of you, not noticing you behind the Oracle's back. When she was sure they couldn't see you anymore, the Oracle pulled you out and whispered, "Works every time," with a laugh.

The Oracle continues walking until she is close to the throne itself, depending on how close she thinks is close. Minutes later the throne glowed with a flash of white light, and a man appeared in gray, royal robes on the throne. With a booming voice, he says, "I am King Stefanos, ruler of Hypergaia! Who are-- oh... hello, Oracle. What have I to do with you?"

"O king, the Great Prophecy is beginning to be fulfilled. I bring evidence."

The king began his usual rant. "I believe the Great Prophecy isn't true. Whoever gave that prophecy is obviously a fraud and I have no reason to deal with it. Get out--" He stopped talking when from a distance he saw something in the Oracle's stretched hand. He climbed down the stairs for a closer look.

There you were, in the Oracle's palm, being curiously viewed by a ruler over billions of giants for the first time. You were still in space uniform, trying to keep a serious face. Besides the typing of a nearby scribe on a keyboard, undoubtedly recording the quotes given at the moment, you could hear a pin drop.

King Stefanos began to speak. "Never before have I saw anything so curious in my life. I do not suppose any man on Hypergaia has either. He's one of us, yet he's extremely undersized. Tell me, where did you find him?"

"O king, let me explain the background information first," began the Oracle's explanation. "The Great Prophecy was given approximately 600 years ago, shortly before the earthquake that sunk Atlantis. It foretold our travel in space, our arrival on Hypergaia, and the coming of a tiny man who will save our civilization. It was given by one of the greatest oracles of all time: Aikaterina. She was one of the women who survived the trip to our new home, and also my ancestor.

"After our arrival on Hypergaia, the conditions that made it capable for our people to survive worked too well. We gave birth to many sons and daughters, who astonishingly turned out to average a cubit taller than the average Old Atlantean. Generation after generation it was recorded the next generation was taller than the last, until our average height leveled out to where we are now.

"Apparently, the people on Earth haven't experienced the massive changes we have. The tiny man in my hand is from Earth, a descendant of the people we left behind in order for our advanced race to preserve. He has come from the Old World to settle in the New World. He must fulfill his destiny; to unite the two worlds.

"Now this miniature man, Jacob Young, was found inside a gray container standing on four black cylinders. He called out to me, and when I noticed him, he matched the picture of the man who would unite the two worlds that I was provided in a vision. I grabbed him and brought him to my village, who brought him praise. If you are to ask one of them about the event, he would probably say that he is a miracle, and would change Hypergaia forever."

The king took two steps back with a scowl on his face. "I'm warning you, Oracle, I told you I don't believe in anything related to the so-called 'Great Prophecy'. If you continue, I will have to arrest you for treason. Get out of my palace!"

"Looks like we're on our own," the Oracle says to you. But you're not. On the way out, you find _________ ready to greet the two of you.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The scribe

*Noteb*
2. A guard

*Noteb*
3. Someone else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Black Mamba (UN: brainiac222 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Black Mamba has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1905030-Hypergaia/cid/1475342-The-Throne-Room