*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Disturbing Phone Call
  2. A Royal Invitation
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1917654-MLP-FiM---HSA-Royalty-Edition/cid/1528581-The-Disturbing-Phone-Call
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Romance/Love · #1917654
An alternate version of my original MLP interactive.
This choice: Cadance  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Disturbing Phone Call

    by: GWriter
On a whim, you decide to bunk with your old babysitter.


"Cadance, I guess..." you say.


"It's settled, then," says Celestia. "So, Cadance can take [your name] to her room, while I take the girls and Spike to their rooms. Oh, and don't worry about clothes. I have wardrobes picked out for all of you!"


"Way to think ahead, Princess," says Twilight.


So you and Cadance make your way to her room, and you see that the bed is rather large, so you don't have to worry about being too close to Cadance when you go to bed at night.


"Well, welcome to my room, [your name]," she says. "Bathroom's on the right, and your closet is the one to the left of the bed."


"Thanks, Cadance," you say.


"No problem," she says, then she takes out her phone. "If you'll excuse me, I need to check on Shining Armor."


"Oh yeah, he had to stay in the Crystal Empire to take care of some business," you say. "Man, being a ruler is hard."


"It really is," she says, "which is why I need to make sure everything's okay."


"Understandable," you say, "but I'm sure he's taking care of business. If I know Shining Armor, he's doing just fine."


Cadance smiles and she dials her husband's number. You could hear the phone ringing, even though it wasn't on speaker. Cadance must have the volume turned up high. She doesn't seem to notice, though.


Unexpectedly, a female voice answered the phone, one that Cadance didn't recognize. The mare on the other line sounded rather tired, too, as if she had just finished doing something exhausting.


"Hello?" the voice says.


"Who is this?" Cadance asks with a suspicious tone in your voice.


"I-I... umm..... Shining Armor! It's for you!" she says. If that's not suspicious, you don't know what is.


An angry frown grows on the princess's face. "I'll be back, [your name]," she says, and she walks into the bathroom. Against your better judgment, you put your ear up to the door in an effort to hear what's going on. Not many people know this, but you have amazing hearing, and you were able to hear the conversation between Cadance and her husband.


"Hello?" says Shining Armor.


"Hi, Shining Armor," says Cadance.


"Oh!" he says nervously. "Hi, baby..."


"Don't 'hi, baby' me!" the princess says angrily, catching you off guard. "Why the hell is another mare answering your personal phone!"

"Oh, that was just Rosie," he says unconvincingly. "She's my... personal assistant..."


"Why did she seem so exhausted when she answered the phone?" Cadance asks, clearly not buying it.


"I don't know," he says. "Maybe she's having a rough day?"


"You said she's YOUR personal assistant. You should know if she's having a rough day!" You can feel Cadance's frustration rising with every second that passes. "Stop trying to bullshit me, Shining Armor. I want the truth! Are you cheating on me?"


Silence


"Cadance, I am really sorry-"


"You heartless, shallow..." she interrupts. "Why would you do this to me!?"


"Please, honey, just-"


"Don't. Say. A word..." she says, interrupting him again. "I'll deal with you when I get home."


You hear a click and you quickly go over to the bed, pretending that you weren't eavesdropping on Cadance's conversation. When you hear the bathroom door open, you turn and see that Cadance...

You have the following choices:

1. is fuming mad!

2. is in tears.

3. seems rather emotionless...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 GWriter (UN: gwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GWriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1917654-MLP-FiM---HSA-Royalty-Edition/cid/1528581-The-Disturbing-Phone-Call