*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. All-consuming hunger
  2. Hungry?!?
  3. Round all around!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1921744-Broadening-your-Horizons/cid/1554058-All-consuming-hunger
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1921744
You are given magical choices for your future, as a result of helping someone.
This choice: eat some of the clay, then finish the lasagna.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

All-consuming hunger

    by: fat_hiker
You pull out the ball of clay, which seems quite small in your hand. You pull off a chunk which separates easily and then sits, warm, between your fingers. As you pop it into your mouth, you wonder what it will taste like. Strangely, it seems to taste of nothing at all, though it is chewy. As you chew, you notice that the ball of clay seems smooth and complete again, as if you hadn't taken any.

You shove the clay back into your pocket, and wonder about being fat, and how big you'll end up. Big Pun, one of your favourite hip-hop artists, is a really big guy - he's supposed to be 600 pounds or something, but he still gets on stage and he sounds great. You're sitting there, thinking about what it would be like to be as big as Big Pun, 600 pounds, when a wave of hunger courses through your stomach. You grab the big serving spoon and dig into the lasagna again.

A thought flits through your head, that maybe your mum had intended this lasagna for the whole family - but your hungry gut makes you discard that thought as soon as it appears. In between mouthfuls of lasagna - and the salad you pulled out of the fridge earlier - you walk over to the bread box, to find a new loaf of bread there. You tear into it, alternating with the lasagna and salad, until all are finished. You swallow the rest of the carton of milk and sit back, feeling full again. You look down and notice that your stomach is developing a distinct bulge - as are your pecs, and even the backs of your hands look a little padded. Your primitive hindbrain signals 'hungry!' again, and you wonder what sweet stuff there might be in the house for dessert.

You hurry into the pantry and find there an unopened jumbo package of chocolate chip cookies, and two freshly baked pies, one apple, one peach. The pies are already sliced, so you grab a slice of peach and slide it into your mouth. It tastes delicious, and suddenly you are ravenous again. You finish off the two pies, then take the cookies and wander back out to the kitchen in search of something to drink with them. You open the fridge, thinking there might be juice there, and find another new carton of milk. Bingo! The kilogram of chocolate chip cookies and two litres of milk soon vanish. Your stomach, feeling full again, leads you to think of taking a nap. You go up to your room and lie down for a few minutes.

Fifteen minutes later, you're feeling refreshed and also hungry. Not the ravenous, 'eat everything in sight' hunger of an hour ago, but a gentle, yet insistent, feeling that you want something more to eat.

You decide to go out for a burger - after all, you've already finished off the lasagna that was meant for supper - so you walk out to the backyard and down the cycle path to the mall. There's a couple of fast food places there, and it's not too far to walk.

By the time you get to the first burger joint you are ravenous again. You order the double burger combo, thinking that's all you have money for, but when you pull out your wallet you find an extra $20 bill you had forgotten about. You ask the girl to supersize your order, add another double burger, and a couple of pies. You take your tray over to a window seat, and wolf down the meal. Still feeling ravenous, you line up at the counter again - at a different cashier. You find that there is another $20 bill in your wallet, so this time you order three of the double burger meals, and a half dozen pies. By the time you have consumed this pile, you are feeling much less hungry, though you wonder about going next door for a banana split. You get up to go, when you notice outside the restaurant door:

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Felix, the wizard

2. Brian, your friend who you were supposed to meet

*Noteb*
3. Wendy, your girlfriend, and several other folks

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 fat_hiker (UN: fat_hiker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fat_hiker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1921744-Broadening-your-Horizons/cid/1554058-All-consuming-hunger