*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1613897-More-than-a-portrait
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: What do you mean 'my power'?  •  Go Back...
Chapter #6

More than a portrait.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
James pointed back to the stairs. "Remember the portrait of mom in the sitting room?" he asked. you nodded. "Go ask."

Confused but also strangely curious, you walked down the stairs with James right behind you and walked up to the portrait of your mom. She was a mirror image of yourself, as a girl, with long jet black hair and emerald blue eyes. You teared up, missing her, and spoke. "Mom, I just learned of real mad science. What power do I have?"

For a moment, there was no answer but then, to your surprise, the portrait smiled at you. "My dear child, you have the power of real magic." softly, the portrait said. "It is as strong and mysterious as mad science."

"Mom, dad turned me into a boy, can you help me?" hopeful, you asked.

"Your father wishes only to share his world with you as your mother wished to share hers with your brothers." with a sad smile, the portrait replied. "Embrace the experience then share your world with your brothers, become closer as a family."

With that, the portrait stopped moving but the smile remained. "Mom...."

"That is an enchanted portrait of your mother, created by grandma to hold her memories and wisdom so we may turn to her for advice when we are lost." touching your shoulder, James said. he held back a sob. "Mad science nor magic is powerful enough to bring back the dead. We miss her too."

You began to cry but paused as something appeared on the table in front of you. Looking down, you saw a large faded book with the title, 'The Magic Book'. Wide eyed, you looked back at the portrait and smiled, seeing 'mom' wink at you...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. You pick up the magic book.

2. someone else grabs it.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1613897-More-than-a-portrait