*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Nightshift
  2. Work Order
  3. Disaster Imminent
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1666472-Nightshift
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1946404
What trouble can a human get into while working at a newspaper for giant monsters?
This choice: You're Helping Fate with the Nightshift  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Nightshift

    by: Unknown
"I think Fate could use an extra pair of eyes during her shift tonight. Can't take any chances. Never know when a rival paper is going to send a spy to steal our headline." You let out a groan. "But Lexi, that gargoyle's no fun. Fate is too focused on her work." "You rather I stick you with Beth?" You let out a gulp and shake your head. "No boss. I'll be off." You run under the door as Lexi lets out a sigh and starts to lick her paws.

Later that night, everyone is already leaving to go home but you're walking towards the guard room. Suddenly you feel tremors and then look up to see your girlfriend Mazee with her friend (and your apartment) Willa the bunyip. "Come on Tim," says Willa as she bends down on her knees. "It's quitting time mate." Willi stretches out her pouch but you shake your head. "Actually girls, I have the nightshift with Fate." Willa lets out a scoff as Mazee picks you up and pets you on the head. "Try to be careful baby. Fate has the most dangerous job in the building." "Well your boyfriend can hang out with that gargoyle until the cows come home." "Don't be like that Willa," says Mazee. "Fate's okay. It's her mom I'm not too crazy about." With that the wererat giantess kisses you. "See you later baby." "You know how to get back in," says Willa. "Just don't wake me up when you get back in me pouch."

Mazee puts you on the ground before both she and Willa leave. As you're walking to the guard room you stop because there are even larger tremors than those made by Mazee and Willa. You look up to see that behemoth Beth, the day guard. Beth gives you a lustful smile and even blows a kiss before that dragon skinned hippopotamus walks away.

You let out a sigh, while Fate wasn't a social monster, she didn't flirt with you or try to steal you from Mazee like Beth did. According to Beth, Fate's never been on a date in her life. No male monster would get near her because Fate's mother Destiny is a prison warden and didn't let the fact that her daughter was an adult stop her from being stupidly overprotective. Regardless of species, Destiny wouldn't let any man even be in the same room as Fate. The last man who thought about asking Fate out changed his mind because Destiny held him at gunpoint. Of course, you heard Destiny had Fate out of wedlock so this behavior doesn't sound too surprising.

You reach the guard room and walk under the door to find the massive purple gargoyle was already sitting in her chair, eyes glued to the security screens. "Hey Fate." You call out to her. Fate doesn't answer and you let out a groan. "It's gonna be another one of those nights." As you walk forward, Fate lowers her tail for you to climb up. She did this so she could tend to you without losing focus. "Someone seriously needs to get laid." You think to yourself as you get on Fate's tail and she puts you on the table.

Fate has that same stoic look on her face as she looks at the screens. Nothing escaped her eagle eyes. "So, Fate," you say trying to start a conversation. "Anything good on monster television? All the human networks suck." But Fate doesn't answer or even look at you and you turn to the screens. You're about to walk forward but Fate simply uses a claw to scratch a line in the table in front of you. The last time you worked with her, you broke three monitors and she didn't seem to forget it.

You wish Fate was more social. She wasn't malicious, but she wasn't much fun to be around. That gargoyle was married to her job, just like her mom. You decide to kick back and relax, it was going to be a long night.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1666472-Nightshift