*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1947792-Mercenary-New-Roads/cid/2531141-Breaching-the-facility
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1947792
A spin-off to my Mercenary interactive series with reader created protagonists.
This choice: walks straight to the entrance  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Breaching the facility

    by: EggzSupreme
The beauty of Mel's plan lied in it's simplicity. While most "professionals" would forge an intricate plan, scout the area and sneak in, avoiding or eliminating the guards, Mel was having none of that. Instead he did what any self respecting Man would do, that is walk straight in, shoot anyone in his way and destroy the "future fuel".

Mel strolled confidently to the door of the fence, when he got there he wrapped his meaty fingers around the door handle and proceeded to pull. Emitting a loud creek the door refused to open, after thrashing it around for a few minutes Mel noticed that below the handle there were chains with a lock holding the doors together. " Well at least they didn't forget ta lock the damn door. Ain't gonna stop me but still, good fer them. " with those words Mel pulled out his sidearm, aimed the barrel point blank at the lock and squeezed the trigger. A loud bang echoed through the surrounding as the .500 magnum round shred through the lock, destroying the mechanism and making it fall to the ground.

As Mel pushed the two fence doors apart he wondered why no one sounded an alarm or even came over, sure they probably weren't expecting company but the unprofessionalism succeeded to anger Mel. As he closed in on the main building, he saw someone coming out of the entrance. The figure took out a flashlight and started scanning the surroundings. The man was wearing army fatigues and carrying what looked like an assault rifle of his back. The light from the flashlight finally found it's way to Mel, illuminating his body. The guard then said "Hey you! You're not supposed to be..." but he was unable to finish his sentence as Mel reacted quickly by raising his revolver, taking aim at the poor bloke's head and firing. The bullet wheezed through the air and landed on the guards face, taking a chunk off the left side of his head, killing him instantly.

As the man's lifeless body fell to the ground, Mel sprinted towards the entrance. He underestimated them, they probably know someone is attacking so he needed to act fast and catch them off guard while he still can. The interior was all white with long, mostly empty corridors. The brightly lit rooms were a stark contrast to the darkness outside and it took Mel a few seconds to get used. He reloaded and raised his revolver, ready for action. There were several signs pointing in different directions, one of them said "Armory and Elevator to the right". "Bingo" Mel said to himself. He headed to the right down a long corridor. As he turned a corner he saw the elevator, and three people standing in front of it.

"No, you don't understand. I'm so close to a breakthrough, just let me finish my work!" said the man wearing a white lab coat. "Look sir, there has been a breach in security, please just go to the panic room until we get the situation under control." said one of the two men in army uniforms. They hadn't noticed Mel yet, and he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity. Just like an old cowboy he fanned his revolver, sending the six slugs towards the group. The first round planted itself in the scientist's chest killing him instantly, the second two rounds found their home in the first guard's stomach making him recoil backwards, by this moment the second guard realized what's going on and started raising his rifle, the fourth and fifth bullets missed but the final bullet landed in his forehead, sending blood and bits of his skull around him.

Standing in front of their corpses, Mel raised up his revolver and blew off the smoke coming from it. To his side there was a door with a sign above it that said "Armory" right ahead there was an elevator that led to the deeper parts of the facility. What does Mel do?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Go to the elevator

2. Enter the armory

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 EggzSupreme (UN: eggzsupreme1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
evil dude has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1947792-Mercenary-New-Roads/cid/2531141-Breaching-the-facility