*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1954515-The-Healer/cid/1669138-The-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1954515
A young man discovers his ability to heal people
Chapter #1

The Beginning

    by: Gavalar
"I had a great time today." Your girlfriend tells you. The two of you have just been on a date. You went out to dinner and then saw a movie afterwards. You have been together for a few years now, but until today it had been a while since you went on a date. You are currently walking her to the train station so she can head home.

"I've really missed this." She says.

"Me too. It's been so long." You agree.

You look down at her arm. She has a bruise on her elbow. She hit it off of a door the day before and it appears to be a little swollen.

"How's your elbow?" You ask.

"It's still a bit sore, but not as bad as yesterday." She tells you.

You make it to the train station and wait with her for about 5 minutes. As the train pulls up, she turns to you and gives you a hug.

"I love you." She says.

"I love you too." You tell her. You both then lean in for a kiss. As you are kissing her goodbye, you notice an old man in a trench coat staring at the two of you. You think nothing of it and just let it slide. Your girlfriend then boards the train and you watch as it leaves the station. Once it is gone, you start walking away.

"You are very gifted." You hear a deep, rough voice say behind you. You turn around to see the same old man staring at you.

"Excuse me?" You ask him, not sure of what he meant.

"I said you are very gifted, young man." He repeats.

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, I see that you are not aware yet, but you, my boy, have a very special power." He tells you.

"Power? Have you been drinking, sir?" You ask, since he wasn't making any sense to you.

"Oh, not at all. I understand your confusion. I shall explain. You have a rare power that can let you heal people. Did you not notice the bruise on your lady friend's arm vanish?"

You could not believe this man. He noticed the bruise on your girlfriend's arm and claims that it vanished. You did not notice that it was gone, but you plan on calling her later to confirm what the old man is saying.

"Wait. If I have some special healing super power, then how come I have never noticed it before now?" You ask.

"Oh ho! Such a power is note acquired so easily. It lays dormant inside of you for many years and then take years to develop, but you appear to be developing rather quickly." He informs you.

"So, how do you know so much about this? Do you have this power?" You ask.

"Oh! So many questions, my boy. No, unfortunately, I do not have this gift, but I have old friends that do."

You decide that you have had enough of this conversation and decide to move on. As you walk home, you consider the possibility that the old man was insane, but you doubted that for some reason. Was he speaking the truth? When you get home, you lay on your bed for a while, thinking the whole thing over. If it is true, you will need to prove it somehow.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Gavalar (UN: gavalar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gavalar has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1954515-The-Healer/cid/1669138-The-Beginning