*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Desert
  2. Civilian. Flying a plane
  3. Who are you?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1978099-You-crashland-in-an-area-with-Anthros/cid/1760119-Desert
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Animal · #1978099
Your aircraft goes down due to mechanical failure and crashes in uninhabited land or is it
This choice: Desert  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Desert

    by: Unknown
Your engine shudders again, and before you can react, it loses power. You're still gliding though, and in control. The desert stretches out flat before you, and while the landing conditions are hardly ideal, as far as crashes go, you're counting your blessings. You can drop lower much too quickly, and you can hear rocks and plants hit your craft, a sound which would normally be obscured by the propeller, which has stopped. The plane jolts as you bump the ground once, twice, before coasting into a cactus and finally stopping. The particularly large cactus is torn apart by the collision, and the quick stop causes you to bounce painfully. There's a horrible scraping sound just before the plane stops, caused by the cactus and tumbleweeds.

You climb out of the plane and look yourself over, finding no obvious injuries. You then decide to check the plane. One of the blades on the propeller as snapped, and another is bent. The bottom of the plane has been scratched, but the damage seems superficial. You hold a hand near the front of the plane, not quite touching it, but close enough to tell it would be hot to the touch. You decide to wait to check the engine until nightfall, when things have cooled down.

It is then that the heat makes itself known. You are suddenly acutely aware of the midday sun beaming down on you, reflecting off the sand and becoming blinding. You reach into the plane and retrieve a backpack with some basic supplies. A couple of water bottles, some trail mix and candy bars, a flashlight, a rope, a multitool, a first aid kit, clothes, and some matches. You resist the urge to drink the water right away, and fashion a hat out of one of your shirts.

You recognize quickly that your plane will not provide adequate shade. You set off in the direction of the sun, in the hopes that it will help you find your plane again later. You walk for perhaps half an hour without seeing anything, but then...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
SkylerHusky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1978099-You-crashland-in-an-area-with-Anthros/cid/1760119-Desert